Chapter 2 - Dead Memories

Katie's P.O.V

I unlocked the door, letting Sid in behind me.
I still lived in the apartment we once shared. He couldn't believe it, looking around the place, seeing not much had changed.
Pictures that were once of him and me, now me and my friends. The picture Paul Gray took of us, back in 2009, the two of us kissing, now the centre piece of my dart board, on the wall, next to the TV.
The couch was new, but in the same place, the coffee table still the same.
Sid hadn't been here in over four years.
When we first got this place, he picked me up bridal style and span us around, the both of us cheering that we had our own place. A place that was ours, that was meant to have the best memories in it, but now just holds sadness, and my depression.

"I like what you've done with the place." Sid spoke sarcastically.
"Well, you weren't here to talk me out if getting the rug, so wah-la!" I replied, just as sarcastically. There was this particular rug that I wanted, that Sid didn't like, so kept talking me out of it, but because he wasn't here, I went ahead and bought it. He was right, it was too big and didn't fit where it was, but out of spite I left it.
He nodded, seeing it as fair game.
"They say to never take back your ex, as you left them for a reason, but you and I never actually broke up." I blurted out.
He looked back at me, a hopeful look in his eyes. "I love you, Katie."
"I love you, Sid." I frowned, scared it could happen all over again.
He walked up to me, and held me tight, letting me hug him back, arms around his waist, as his were around my shoulders.
"I'm never going anywhere without you again." He whispered to me.
"I'm gonna hold you to that." I teased him, lightening the mood.
He laughed, kissing my shoulder, having come home.

. . .

I woke up, a limp arm over my waist, the light snores of the love of my life, lying still, to my left. I'm a bit of a hippie, loving nature, so I always slept near the window. Sid's the only one to never of laughed at me for it, taking the side of the bed, closest to the door.
I looked to my 1970s styled alarm clock, a gift Sid gave me, the day before he asked me out. 10:37 AM. We were up most the night talking and catching up, then he started kissing me, and I just got clingy and needy, taking us to the bedroom, but enough on that...

I looked back at Sid, lying on his stomach, facing towards me, face smushed up against the pillow. I had him back, and lying here, right now, it was as if he never left me.
His side of the closet was still empty, but it'd be filled up again soon. The shoe rack on my side of the closet will be stuffed to the brim with his shoes.
His dorky Star Wars and Transformers figurines will be back on the shelf, and his masks will be hung up on show.
Running in the same friendship circle, I just skipped out on DJ Starscream shows, when Sid left.

I heard the front door click open, and I sat up. Sid just shifted, his arm falling from my waist.
I grabbed my underwear and shorts, getting them on, before I grabbed Sid's shirt, quickly running out the room in a tiptoe, looking like a right weirdo.
"Fuck you doing here, man?!" I whisper yelled at Jim.
"You asked me to come round at eleven to wake you up. I got here early." He stared at me.
"Why did I ask you to do that?" I asked him.
"When did you like Transformers?" He stared at the shirt.
"Hey, I asked first!" I walked up to him, jabbing my finger into his chest.
"Baby, you're a raccoon, I'm a giraffe. Don't make me man handle you." He always teased me for being so short.
"Well, at least I can hide in small spaces!" I rolled my eyes at him.
"You're fucking looney." He chuckled at me. "Why are you freaking out?"
"'Cause my boyfriend is sleeping." I crossed my arms over my chest, avoiding his gaze.
"Your boyfriend...? Huh. I didn't know you were seeing anyone... Sid really fucked you over, mentally... Good for you, Katie... I'll go." Jim was the most supportive of the group.

He made for the door, but my next words stopped him.
"It's Sid... He's sleeping... Sid's back."
He looked back at me, hand on the doorknob, stunned. "Sid's in there?" He pointed to the bedroom. "When did he come back?"
"Last night... We were on the same train." I told him, looking back up at him.
"Shit... Are you two... Well, you're wearing his shirt..." His question was already answered.
"I know... We still have stuff to sort out, so could you not mention this to anyone, just for now?" I begged the tall one.
"Uh, yeah. Sure... Are you OK, Katie?" Jim asked me seriously.
"It's taking a lot for me to not run in there and jump on the bed, screaming, because he's in there." I flashed a smile. "Is that bad?"
"Not at all. You guys were nuts for each other." Jim smiled, before he walked out.
I stood smiling at where he once stood for a brief moment, before I turned and walked into the kitchen, switching the coffee machine on.

I reached on my tiptoes, grabbing the coffee beans, as Sid came up behind me, making me jump. He laughed, grabbing the coffee, before shutting the cupboard door hugging me tight.
"I heard talking." He smiled, standing shirtless, just in his low hanging jeans.
"Oh, sorry. Did I wake you?" I asked him, suddenly very insecure.
"No, it's alright. I was waking up anyway... You OK?" He asked me, stroking some hair behind my ear, out my line of sight, as I stood facing him.
"Fine... Coffee?" I slivered out his arms, moving to start the coffee.
"Katie, you're being all jumpy." Sid frowned, taking my hands in his, stopping me from what I was doing. "What happened? Who was here?"
"Nothing... Just... Jim stopped round. I forgot I asked him to wake me up at eleven..." I avoided his gaze.
"How come? You give him a key?" Sid asked.
"Well, sorta... I gave Crissy a key, for emergencies, and they're engaged now, so the key is kinda his also..." I shrugged, rambling.
"So, why are you all jumpy?" Sid asked, not understanding.
"Because you're here!" I looked up at him. "Last thing I ever said about you is 'I hope you break your feet', then you did, on the first night of your major tour, so I refused to ever mention your name after that, and the guys all knew this, so if he came in and saw us, he may of thought something else, and gotten mad, and we'd all be yelling, and I'd be pulling at my hair, stressing, and-"
"Whoa!" Sid chuckled, hands on my shoulders, calming me. "It's OK!" He grinned. "You wished I broke my feet?"
"Yeah! I'm sorry. I didn't think you actually would." I tried not to laugh.
"It's not the first time you've predicted shit!" He laughed, referring to the time I guessed Corey would go to Jim, went he was starting his band, Stone Sour.