Chapter 14 - Knight In Shining Armour

Sid's P.O.V

I slammed my car door shut and ran to the front door of our building, running up three flights of stairs, and onto our floor.
I couldn't think. Mick said Katie was hurt. I had to get to her. No one hurts my baby... How did I?
I forced my key in the lock, letting myself in.

"Baby?!" I called out.
"Sid!" Corey and Mick growled at me.
"Where is she?!" I demanded.
"Boys!" Cortney held her hands up, walking out the kitchen. "Everyone just calm down! Katie's sleeping, I highly request we leave her for now!" She warned us. "And I also suggest you explain why Katie came home early and without you?!" She frowned, pointing at me.
I dropped my keys, everything crashing down on me. "I don't even know..."
"Bullshit!" Corey was ready to pounce, but Cortney stopped him, pulling him back, coming over to me.
"What happened?" She asked softly.
"Katie said the producers just want to use me to make money, and shit about being ripped off, and I don't know..." I shook my head, walking over to the couch, taking a seat, holding my head in my hands. "I didn't want to believe it... I fucked up. I admit... We got in a fight, and someone called the cops, but I didn't touch her!" I looked up at Cortney. "We were just shouting at each other... Fuck. I knew she didn't want to go to LA..." I was pissed off with myself.
"Sid, what happened?" Mick sat in my dads armchair, watching me closely.
"The cops pulled me aside for questioning, and I saw Katie grabbing her shit, leaving, and I lost it. So, police took me in for questioning, and after they realised it was just a 'lovers quarrel', they let me go. When I got back to the hotel, I rang here, and Katie answered... We argued... She told me to stay in LA, before she hung up on me..." I felt numb. "Why am I such an asshole?"
"You're the jealous type." Corey stood at the back of the couch, leaning forwards on it, looking down at me.
"I can't help it... She's the most amazing thing to ever happen... I wanna do my music, but I want her more... That's my dream..." I smiled to myself.

"Look, Sid... When you first saw Katie, I told you, before she left the party, it would take her a while to really acknowledge you... I know you said 'you'd wait forever', but... Her dad was abusive."
"I know, Corey. She told me all about it... What he did..." I clenched my fist.
He walked round the couch and sat on the coffee table, looking at me, sitting just to my right, between me and Mick. "You were ready to pause everything and work on getting her to adjust to you. Before I introduced you guys, I made you out to be the real prince charming, from outta space." Corey chuckled, making me smile. "We ran in different circles, in school, so you two never met, but I shared music with Mel, we hooked up, and we're here today, yadda-yadda." Classic Corey. "Through me, there's Shawn, then the party, then you, then Mel, then her." He made us all laugh. "What I'm trying to say... I assured her you'd only ever love her and take care of her. She knew I'd kick your ass if you hurt her, which is why she was so willing to take that trip with you, the night you met... When she wakes up, she might not remember what happened, and I'll never un-see it, but she's going to need you by her side, because when she's scared, she runs to you... Her knight in shining armour." 

"Corey's right..." Mick agreed. "She doesn't really get the whole DJ thing, but it's what you're passionate about. She wants you to do you, for the recognition you deserve. What we all know you deserve..."
"Katie's only looking out for you... Yes, chase your dreams, man!" Corey grinned. "But just listen to what she has to say."
"We weren't there, so we don't know what happened!" Mick chimed in again. "But just talk it out..."
I nodded.
"And yeah, you're an asshole, but you're her favourite person here." Corey teased, pretending to weigh out the scales.
"I'm scared I'm going to lose her... I gotta go to LA." I frowned.
"Maybe now isn't your time?" Mick voiced.
I looked from him, down to my hands.
"Hey, you can still DJ for us, and drink for free!" Corey grinned.
"Yeah." I nodded, huffing a laugh. "I'd do anything for her..."
"Then, stay." Corey smiled at me.

. . .

She reached out, searching for me in her sleep. I took her right hand in mine, and she shuffled closer, lying on her left side, hands bandaged up.
She hid in my shoulder, sound asleep, as I lay awake, glancing to the clock. 02:43 AM.
I brought her hand up to my lips, kissing her softly, getting a hum out of her.
"Baby?" I whispered, not wanting to wake her, but seeing if she was awake.
She lay still, a wet sensation forming on my bare arm, as I just wore a vest to bed, with my pants.
I snickered, lightly, as she was drooling, keeping her hand in mine.
"I love you more than words can say." I whispered, laying back, my cheek rested above her head.
"I wove you..." She mumbled.
"You awake?" I smiled.
"I'm not sure..." She hummed, pressing closer to me.
I wrapped my right arm around her, so she could lie on my chest. "Go to sleep, Babe."
"No... I want you." She clung onto me.
"I'm here... We're home. We're safe." I smiled, stroking her hair back.
She let a yawn, and lifted her head, looking at me tiredly. "You're pretty."
"I got nothing on you." I smiled at her.

She smiled, lying back on my chest. "What happened?" She looked at her hands, unsure.
"You got hurt, baby, but your mom fixed you up... We just gotta be careful, OK? We're home now, so we're gonna work through it and get you healed up right." I promised.
"No, we were fighting..." She frowned at me.
"It's OK! We're home now!" I hated seeing her hurt.
"But the guys and your music..." She pouted.
"Baby... Katie." I held her waist, mindlessly tracing patterns on her skin, where her top had ridden up, on her lower back. "Now, just isn't my time... I'll still go for it, but not now. I gotta weigh out my options and meet you in the middle..." I smiled at her.
"Sounds good... I'm sleepy!" She frowned at me, head dropping back down, from pouting up at me.
"Go to sleep, angel..." I kissed the top of her head. "I've got you... No one's gonna hurt you... No one will even get close."