Chapter 7 - Love Bug

Katie's P.O.V

"So, we take it you like Sid?" Mel asked me, as me and the girls were over at hers.
"Was it not obvious?" I smiled, lying back on the couch, my feet over the arm rest, as we had records playing, taking those house wife quizzes in magazines.
We had Bowie playing, Hunky Dory, and so far, I was a pretty tamed housewife.
Mel was sat on the floor, at the coffee table, painting Kelsey's nails purple, while Crissy had my head in her lap, doing a crossword, and I was about to find out my answers... 
"Shawn and I went to school together, and we're very rarely apart. You know he's always busy shooting music videos for bands and what-not, so what's wrong with Sid and Katie obsessing over each other?" Kelsey asked, sat opposite Mel, hands down still on the table.
"Well, Sid's chasing his music career dreams. It's all he used to ever talk about, until he saw you at Shawn's party..." Mel smiled, a sneaky smile on her face.
"He talks about me?" I looked to the girls, quiz abandoned.
"All. The. Time." Crissy mumbled, distracted by her crossword.
"What does he say?" I asked.

The girls all shared a laugh.
"Let me." Mel paused her works, placing the nail brush in the varnish, before standing up and taking position. She grabbed a baseball cap and put it on backwards, before standing like a stereo typical dude, legs apart, arms crossed and a 'fuck you' look on the face, making us all laugh. She cleared her throat, wearing an over sized horror shirt, that had to be Corey's, and some pyjamas pants that were black, covered in red and pink hearts.
"Like, Katie's the most beautiful woman in the world, man. I'm telling you! She's so funny and smart, and she's just always down for whatever!" Mel spoke with a low voice, making us laugh.
"You're nothing like Sid!" I threw a cushion at her.
She grabbed it, hugging it. "She's got the brightest smile, and fuck man... I just wanna hold her in my arms and never let go..." She squeezed the cushion.
"And not to mention, he does keep staring at your ass!" Kelsey raised a hand up.
"Oh!" Mel nodded, before going all doe eyed, making us all laugh.
"And her ass, man..." Mel laughed through the act. "I swear... She's it for me!"
"Come on, he doesn't say that!" I dismissed her.
"He so does!" Mel threw the cushion back at me, taking the hat off. "Even Corey's getting sick of it, saying 'Sid's all Katie this, and Katie that'. He half regrets setting you guys up."
"Shut up..." I lay back, thinking of Sid. "I really like him."
"Corey?!" Mel looked back at me, having taken her seat back.
"No, Sid!" I playfully hit her arm.
"Phew." She laughed, settling back.
"We're not even official." I pointed out.
"You will be." Crissy smiled, looking down at me. "All in due time."

. . .

There was a knock at the front door, which mum went to answer as I was starting on making dinner.
"Katie!" She called for me.
"Yeah?" I placed the wooden spoon on the counter, having finished prepping, walking out the kitchen.
"It's for you." She walked around me, speaking softly, with a smile.
I walked over to the door, finding Sid, holding a bunch of red roses.
"Whoa." I smiled, holding a hand over my mouth, shocked.
"Hi..." Sid smiled. "These are for you."
"You bought me flowers..." I beamed, taking them from him. "No one's ever bought me flowers before!"
He laughed, a smile plastered on his face. "I was hoping I could take you out for dinner?" He asked me.
"Oh... I was just starting on dinner for me and mum." I looked from the flowers to him.
"Oh, right... OK... Uh... I'll go." His smile fell.
"Join us!" I stopped him before he could leave. I heard the landline ring and mum answer the call.
"I don't want to be in the way..." Sid frowned.
"You could never be." I grabbed his hand, pulling him in.
"You sure? Your mom won't mind?" Sid hesitated.
"Promise." I smiled.
He relented, closing the door behind himself, before wiping his feet  on the mat.

"Katie, I've got to go to work!" Mum hurried out the kitchen, grabbing her keys and shoes.
"What? Now? I thought you had the weekend off?!" I watched her gather her stuff.
"I'm sorry. An emergency! It can't wait. Will you be OK?" She frowned at me.
She's a nurse. If she had to go, she had to go...
"Yeah..." I frowned, feeling down she was leaving so suddenly.
"I'm here, Ms Sixx. Katie will be fine." Sid smiled, reassuring my mum.
"Thank you, Sid..." Mum smiled. "Am I treating you like teenagers?" She gave a laugh, looking at us.
"Can't blame you. It is just us." I smiled back at her, before she hugged me, kissing my cheek, before rushing out the house.
"So... Dinner?" I turned to Sid.
"Dinner for two!" He smiled at me.

I showed him through to the kitchen, where I grabbed a vase out the sink cupboard and filled it with water, seeing to my roses, before I started on the cooking.
"Is pasta alright? I make the sauce from scratch." I asked Sid, as he looked over the ingredients I had laid out.
"Yeah, sounds great!" Sid smiled, looking back at me. "Need help with anything?"
"Wanna weigh out the pasta?" I suggested.
"Yeah!" He nodded, before I grabbed the scales for him, and I started on the sauce.
I had placed the roses on the kitchen windowsill, knowing they'll get plenty of sunlight from there.
"The girls say you talk about me a lot..." I smiled, glancing over to him, on my left.
"Yeah... So, what if I do?" He smirked, glancing back at me.
"Nothing, just curious is all..." I teased, playing it off with a shrug. "What do you say?"
"Ah, just stuff..." He tried to hide it, shaking his head.
"Stuff?" I looked over at him. "Like... How I live with my mum? Or how dorky I am...?" I pouted.
He stopped what he was doing, looking at me stunned. "No! Katie, there's nothing wrong with all that! I just can't get you out of my head. Everything reminds me of you! I love you. I'd do anything for you... You make me so happy and you make me laugh, and you're just... Fuck, man! You're amazing! I want to be all that for you..."
I smiled. "You are..." I bit my lip shyly.
"Not officially..." He stepped closer to me, taking my hands in his. "I want to be yours... Only yours... Will you be my girlfriend?"
I laughed in his face, hugging his neck. "You're such a dork!"
"That a 'yes'?" He hugged my waist, laughing with me.
"Yes! I'll be your girlfriend." I told him, before kissing his lips.