15| The Last Order.

Edric closed the door of his father's bed chamber frantically as soon as he entered there.

He expected his father to be lying in the bed, barely breathing but instead, he found him about to jump from the window, his grip against the window sides firm and a grim look shadowing his face.

Mooreil flinched when he heard the door opening, making him lean in towards his death even more.

Edric was facing his father's back.

Mooreil didn't look back.

Edric's head was too occupied to utter any words.

Mooreil jumped.

Realisation hit him when instinctively, he released his renèi Possession and ran towards his father, his speed getting rapid as he flew out of the window and grabbed his father, caging his frail body around him using his hands and then flew back to his chamber, his wings flapping hard, just like his own heartbeats.

Edric placed his father on the ground but he immediately lost his footing due to his sick body. "Edric. . ." Mooreil spoke, his voice low and shameful. "It was you who came. . ."

Edric wrapped his hands around his father, gripping him tightly and shedding tears. "Father," he let go of him. "They're dead. Eros and Eric, I couldn't save any of them," he broke into tears.

Second realisation hit Edric and before his father could even say anything, he spoke, his words quick. "Let's not waste time. Let's leave. I can take you down with my wings—"

"Edric, I can barely stand. What will you do with me?" Mooreil said, his voice so quiet it reminded Edric of Eros when he was dying.

"You're the king! You can not give up like this!"

"Some kings give up when the gods are against them, Elvin,"

"Father. . . " Edric licked his lips, running a hand through his messy hair. "All those soldiers are fighting till their last breaths and you are just planning to kill yourself?"

"What do you want me to do? My renèi Possessions are not going to work because of how weak my body has gotten. I have no strength in me to even wield a weapon. What do you want me to do?"

"Come along with me! I will take care of you. You will not be a burden to me. I will use my wings to fly away somewhere else and I will look for mother as well and we will figure out something. We will do something. We will—"

Mooreil stepped forward and cupped Edric's face harshly. "Look at me, Elvin," Edric looked at him, his eyes puffy because of the tears he'd shed. "Even if you take me now, it won't be long before the Ezèrian find me because I'm the one they want to kill. If you take me somewhere, we will have to hide constantly and with this body of mine, I can never do so,"

Mooreil continued while Edric's lips trembled. "It will only be a matter of time before the Ezèrian find us and put our heads on spikes," Edric looked away now.

"Elvin, listen to me!" Mooreil ordered. "You will have to survive this anyhow. It doesn't matter how many deaths and sacrifices you have to make but you have to survive this," Mooreil's grip against his neck became firm as he said the next words.

Mooreil's gloomy and tired eyes were now blazing like the sun. "Elysia is yours now. The throne that they took away wrongfully is yours. The subjects of Elysia are yours to rule. Elysia is yours to rule,"

"Father, there is no reason for me to live—"

"You will live!" Mooreil somehow raised his voice and immediately regretted it when he coughed and his body began to fall but Edric held his father's arms, securing him. Mooreil looked back at his son, his eyes still fierce albeit there was no strength left in his body.