Rey's Interrogation

INT. STARKILLER BASE - HOLDING CELL - DAY

Rey wakes, disoriented. She is in an angled, upright restraining rig. Looks over, startled to see Kylo Ren, mask in place, standing there.

Everyone watches Rey worriedly, unsure of what Kylo Ren is preparing to do.

"This isn't good." Obi-Wan remarks.

REY: Where am I?

KYLO REN: (LONG BEAT) You're my guest.

"Some hospitality." Anakin says with an eye roll.

REY Where are the others?

KYLO REN: You mean the murderers, traitors and thieves you call friends? (Rey stares at him) You'll be relieved to hear that I have no idea.

"That's pretty ironic coming from him. Everything he just said is what he is too!" Ahsoka said angrily.

A few others nodded in agreement. He killed innocents on Jakku, betrayed the Jedi, and is planning to take what doesn't belong to him.

Rey studies him. She's fearful... but curious.

KYLO REN: (CONT'D) You still want to kill me.

REY: That happens when you're being hunted by a creature in a mask.

Kylo Ren stops, considers her... then reaches up, unlatches and REMOVES HIS MASK. Rey reacts, stunned. It takes a moment before she regains her own mask of defiance.

The Jedi all stare at Kylo Ren curiously. Whatever they were expecting him to look like, it certainly wasn't the average looking man you'd see everyday. If it wasn't for him obviously being a wielded of the Dark Side they would never have considered him as a threat.

Yoda studies Kylo Ren's face and is curious upon seeing no traces of the usual Sith yellow. Although Dooku doesn't exactly broadcast yellow Sith eyes either.

KYLO REN: Tell me about the droid.

REY: (a nervous beat) He's a BB unit with a selenium drive and a thermal hyperscan vindicator -

Anakin gives off a low whistle, obviously impressed by the droids functions.

KYLO REN: He's carrying a section of a navigational chart. We have the rest, recovered from archives of the Empire. We need the last piece. And somehow, you convinced the droid to show it to you. You. A scavenger -

"Wait a minute, Empire? What Empire?" Anakin exclaims in confusion.

"What Empire could this dark sider be talking about?" Mace asks with a scowl.

The Council is worried about this; what could have possibly happened in the obviously large time gap? Why would the Jedi ever have allowed an Empire?

Yoda glances over at Skywalker again worriedly, dreading the possibilities dancing through his mind.

Rey reacts - afraid - how does he know?

KYLO REN: (CONT'D) You know I can take whatever I want.

Trepidation flashes across Rey's eyes. Kylo Ren moves closer, his hand rising toward her. She recoils, but has nowhere to go. Kylo Ren nearly TOUCHES HER FACE... THEY'RE BOTH SURPRISED: they react to a feeling that passes between them - AN ENERGY THEY RECOGNIZE IN EACH OTHER. And then it's gone. Adversaries again. Rey can't move, quietly strains in agony, trying to resist Ren's probing.

Everyone slumps in their chairs in defeat. They all saw how quickly he tore the information from Poe's head. And Rey may be a powerful force user, but she has no training.