rey

"Yeah, almost reminds me of our Venators for some reason..." Anakin says with a frown. He shrugs it off though. Probably just a coincidence they look similar.

INT. JUNKED VESSEL - ENGINES - DAY

The Scavenger carries the satchel and another large, found piece, over enormous pipes in the vast space, heads through the dust toward a distant SLIT OF SUNLIGHT.

REY: Parqual zatana!

A half beat and the Teedo YELLS SOMETHING BACK, threatening. BB-8's head swivels to him, then back to Rey, like watching a tennis match. Rey angrily moves to them, pulling a knife from her pouch. Rey starts CUTTING BB-8 out of the netting.

Anakin can't help the small smile on his face as the girl releases BB-8. He wished there were more people in the galaxy like her, or perhaps as kind hearted as Palpatine.

The Teedo freaks out, YELLING. Rey suddenly stands, turns to the Teedo and says, fiercely:

REY: NOMA.

The Teedo barks a sort of "AHHHHH!" Then heads off on his beast.

This prompts BB-8 to start BEEP-YELLING at the departing bully, provocatively.

"That droid has a lot of spirit Master. Remind you of someone else?" Ahsoka asks with a grin. Anakin nods. "Yeah. He's like a circular, rolling R2 droid. I'm almost jealous R2 can't do that."

"You'd still accept R2 with open arms Anakin." Obi-Wan remarks.

"Of course I would Master!"

A few of the masters in the room frown in irritation.

REY: Shhhh.

BB-8 quiets instantly. The two watch the Teedo head off. Finally, BB-8 BEEPS a question. She KNEELS to him.

REY: That's just Teedo. Wants you for spare parts. He has no respect for anyone. Your antenna's bent.

"That defines most Scavengers in the galaxy." Anakin remarks.

She kneels down to straighten up the antenna.

REY: Where do you come from?

BB-8 offers up a series of beeps, although a little defensively.

REY: Classified, really? Me too. Big secret.

"Definitely a little R2 right there." Ahsoka remarks cheekily. Anakin nods, almost a little proudly.

Once she fixes the antenna, she stands up and points in the direction of Niima Outpost.

REY: Nina Outpost is that way, stay off of Kelvin Ridge.

"I do hope that droid manages to secure the map the the Jedi," Mace says with a small frown.

"Hmm. Long and hard the path will be, I fear." Yoda says as he thinks about it.

She moves to leave, before noticing that BB-8 is still standing there.

REY: Keep away from the Sinking Fields in the north, you'll drown in the sand.

Anakin grimaces. He's encountered similar sand pits on Tatooine before.

As she begins to walk away, BB-8 glances in the direction of the Outpost, before following after her.

Rey noticed and turns around again in annoyance.

REY: Don't follow me. Town is that way.

(he BEEPS again)

REY: No!

She heads off again. Finally he BEEPS to her - something SWEET this time. That he is alone, scared, has no one else. This makes her stop. She turns and looks at him. Not liking him. But a gesture of her head says, reluctantly,