Battle of Takodana

With the holomovie paused, everyone took their time in order to try and calm themselves down for fear of succumbing to the dark side. Anakin still glares angrily at the paused screen, just barely keeping his rage under control, only because of Obi-Wan and Ahsoka. The other Jedi do their best to release their emotions into the Force before continuing the holomovie.

INT. MAZ'S CASTLE - BASEMENT CORRIDOR - DAY

Maz leads Han, Finn and Chewie down the hall, fast:

MAZ: I've had this for ages...

MAZ'S CASTLE - TREASURE ROOM - DAY

Maz opens the box - holds out the lightsaber to Finn:

MAZ: Kept it locked away.

"Where'd she get my lightsaber is the question I want to know." Anakin says.

Nobody has an answer for him, even Yoda not knowing where the lightsaber could have come from in the first place.

HAN: Where'd you get that?

MAZ: A good question for another time. (TO FINN) Take it! Find your friend!

Finn grabs it as the room is SHAKEN by an above ground attack.

MAZ: (CONT'D) Those beasts! They're here!

"This is not good." Obi-Wan says gravely.

EXT. FOREST - DAY

Rey and BB-8 race fast back toward the castle - EXPLOSION SOUNDS can be HEARD from the direction they're headed!

EXT. FOREST - DAY

Rey races through the trees - sees Maz' castle - BEING DESTROYED BY FIRST ORDER SHIPS! Aliens RUNNING, GETTING OBLITERATED by SCREAMING TIE FIGHTERS! Other TIE FIGHTERS and TRANSPORTERS LAND, STORMTROOPERS in attack.

Everyone gapes at the sheer destruction that the First Order is unleashing onto the castle. Yoda's ears droop sadly. He liked Maz, and she had always been proud of that castle lasting for centuries.

"I get that they serve the dark side and want BB-8 but, what purpose do they have in destroying that castle? They don't even know where the droid is!" Ahsoka exclaims in disbelief.

Anakin shakes his head in disgust. "A bunch of unnecessary destruction just to make a point."

Just then, filtered RADIO CALLS get Rey's attention: nearby STORMTROOPERS have spotted her, AND FIRE!

STORMTROOPER: FN-417, hold position!

Rey takes cover, grabs her BLASTER - but IT WON'T FIRE! She panics, then realizes:

REY: Safety!

Obi-Wan shakes his head in irritation. Blasters are and always will be a distasteful weapon. Much better to use a more civilized lightsaber.

SHE SWITCHES OFF THE SAFETY and FIRES BACK! HITS TWO TROOPERS and retreats, calls to BB-8: BB-8 follows Rey AWAY FROM THE CASTLE, firing back at more chasing Troopers!

"Pretty decent aim for a beginner." Anakin remarks.

"Must be her Force reflexes allowing her to do that so well." Master Fisto says.

EXT. MAZ' CASTLE RUINS - DAY

Kylo Ren moves through the DEBRIS. A Stormtrooper approaches:

STORMTROOPER #4: Sir, the droid was spotted heading west, with a girl.

Kylo Ren LOOKS BACK SHARPLY, in Rey's direction -

Everyone grows worried, fearful for the girls life and the safety of the droid. She may be Force sensitive, but she has no training at all. She won't last a second against a Sith Apprentice!