~Chapter Fifty Four~

Christian's POV

'
'
'

"Please tell me she's going to be okay." I stood to my feet, my palms sweating profusely as I anxiously awaited the nurses response.

She needs to be okay.

"Rosalie has suffered a traumatic experience, in which most factors will have an undoubtedly great impact on her body. We are still wondering how it is possible she has survive thus long. But it seems her body gave out, and went into a self-induced coma during the situation she was in. Now I understand, these words aren't what you wish to hear, nor do I wish to say them... but due to the lack of oxygen in her body, certain area's aren't functioning the way they should be."

I gulped hard, and sat down on the chair, as I feared my legs were about to collapse underneath me at any given moment.

Robert nodded in understanding as he bit down on his tongue, in an attempt to stop his tears from building. "So what's the protocol? Is there anything that can be done to help her?"

The nurse gave us a sympathetic look and clasped her hands together. We didn't need sympathy, we needed Rosalie to be okay.

"We are monitoring her very closely, and will do so over the next 48 hours. She will have oxygen and liquids administered regularly, and any minor changes, we will adapt to in order to help her. We'll run some tests to see what other effective approaches we can take, but in the meantime we'll keep her on a 24/7 watch. We are doing everything in our power to make sure Rosalie comes round. If you need anything at all, please don't hesitate to ask."

As the nurse walked into another patience's room, I looked at Robert who seemed to be defeated.

"I shouldn't have let her go out there. It should've been me on that case." Robert let out a shaky breath, as his fists clenched in anger.

My emotions ran high, and something inside me wanted to snap at how quickly he turned this to himself, but I kept my composure and stood to my feet.

"Where are you going?" Robert asked with a tone that ticked me.

"I have a son at home who I need to be with. I'll be back in a few hours when I know he's settled for the night." Without giving him a chance to bark another remark, I walked down the hall and out of the doors.

As the air hit my face, I gripped onto the outdoor railing, my breath catching in my throat as I tried to compose myself, but it failed.

Instead, the tears kept flooding my face, a sob racked through my chest so hard, my whole body shook with every escaping breath.

Having no time to register anything else, my phone vibrated in my pocket, making me pull it out to see Damien calling.

"Hey man.. how are ya holding up?" Even the question was enough to make me break down to my last piece.

"Listen. Ima drop by the hospital, bring you home to see Drew. You can get yourself freshened up and eat something, then I'll drive you back down there. And before you refuse, you ain't got a choice. Drew misses you, man. And you need to be on top form when Rosalie wakes up, otherwise she's gonna puke at your stinky ass."

Even at the worst times, this man could always manage to put a smile on my face. "Thanks man. I'll be waiting out front."

In less than 10 minutes, Damien pulled up outside the hospital, wasting no time to jump out of the car and bear hug me near to death.

The small gesture was enough to make me tumble down all over again. "I got ya, buddy." Damien frowned at the state I was in, probably wishing there was just one thing he could do to make things better, but there wasn't