~Chapter Three~

Narrator's POV

'
'
'

Rosalie was confused.

Out of everyone in the world, why was it him?

It had been 2 days since she had reacquainted with Christian and she hadn't been able to get him off her mind since.

The way he touched her.

The way he addressed her.

The way he made her feel inside.

It was all messing with her mind.

Christian was the type of man that made her question every single on of her beliefs.

And not in a good way.

She cursed inwardly at herself for thinking such unholy thoughts and finished her coffee before collecting her keys into her hand and scurrying out the door.

Today was the start of a fresh week, and Rosalie had picked up a job at one of her Father's Precinct.

After months of refusing her Father's offer, she had no choice but to accept.

She spent months raking through online work advertisements, and every one she had hope for, all came crashing with a burn as every email always started with,

"Thank you for your time. Unfortunately, we are unable to proceed with your application due to..."

She began to loose hope. But surely it wouldn't hurt to take the offer still standing to help her get by.

Today's morning was like any other.

Other than the fact that Garrett had left a little earlier than usual, bypassing his wife before she even woke up.

The sting in Rosalie's heart still remained but she pushed it aside, and looked at today as a new beginning.

A fresh foot forward.

She dressed in a pencil skirt that flowed just above her knees, a white blouse tucked into the seam, a pair of black stockings and black heels to match her look.

After the 30 minute drive to her Father's building, she took a deep breath and mentally prepared herself of what was yet to come.

She walked into the Precinct building, her head held high and confident as she made her way to the secretary desk.

"Hi, my name is- we know. Fill out this form, take the second elevator on your left to the third floor. You're expected in room thirty-six."

Although the secretary was polite, Rosalie felt dis-encouraged of how the setting looked. How... important everyone seemed to look.

She looked down at her outfit and questioned herself if she should've made more of an effort.

Shaking off the thought, Rosalie smiled and followed the secretary's instructions, making her way to the elevator and pressed on button number three.

For the few moments alone she had, she took a deep breath to gather herself and settle the nerves, although once the steel doors opened again, she felt sweat begin to build on her forehead.

"You can do this." She nodded to herself and walked down the long hallway to room number 36.

She smiled at the name plate, seeing her Father's name ingraved on the gold slat, and proceeded to enter.

"Father, I'm here for-"

No.

Not this again.

Rosalie froze in her tracks as two men turned to face her.