~Chapter Forty Five~

Narrator's POV

'
'
'

Tension ran thick in the air. Christian and Dale knew that this wasn't going to be an easy come down with John, nor was it going to be a polite surprise to Carol, but they knew it was only right to reveal the truth about their Father's secrets.

"Christian, I know you are mad. And I am beyond pissed. Remember, I'm on your side on this, but we need to think of Mom and how she's going to react."

Dale didn't want to go charging in with steaming heads and a heart full of anger, but on the other hand, Christian had his final straw taken by a man who meant less than nothing to him.

After years of torture and neglect, he knew he wouldn't get anything more from John.

He knew in his heart, that his Mother only ever did what she thought was best for her kids and herself, but it was going to take some time to be able to build that connection with her.

"He has made us feel like a spec of dirt on the bottom of his shoe ever since we were old enough to talk back. That is for the fact of whenever he decided to show his face around. As far as I'm concerned, I have a Mother and that's it. Even that, is hanging on by a thread."

Christian heart felt broken inside as he thought about Carol. All he ever wished for was parents to love him the way they were intended to. After years of maturing, yes he did understand what the reason where as to how he was treated by his own Mother, but in his mind, one apology after so much time of not stepping up wasn't going to be passed by him lightly.

"Christian, just- No!" Christian cut Dale off, stepping his foot down on the brake as he arrived outside his Mother's house.

"This... has gone on too far. But I will tell you this now. Whatever goes down in here tonight... I will not aplogise for any of it. I've done enough- too much for this family, as have you, for it to go to waste for a low-life piece of shit like him."

With that being said, Christian climbed out of his car, with Dale following quickly behind him. "Christian, will you please just take a minute to breathe and get a cool head on before we barge in there- aaand he's walking through the door. Great."

With a low head, Dale followed in behind Christian and closed the door behind him, wincing at how his ears hurt already within seconds of Christian opening his mouth.

"How fucking dare you! Huh? How can you fucking sit there and act all high and mighty after what you've done?! Are you fucking happy now?!"

Christian saw red. He was blinded by rage and felt his whole body just screaming to make his anger known towards John.

Dale stood behind Christian, crossing his arm over his chest to stop Christian from taking another step, but all he did was push Dale away, standing face to face with John.

"You have no idea what you're talking about, Son. So why don't you just calm down, sit and let's talk like grown men." John placed a hand on Christian's shoulder, which did nothing but only fuel his fire more, shoving his hand away agressively.

"I am not your Son. You are not my Father. You're nothing but a lying piece of shit!" Christian roared before there was a ringing sound in his ear, joined with a stinging sensation forming across his cheek.

"John!" Carol screamed in shock, covering her mouth with her hand as she rushed to Christian, inspecting the slowly reddening hand print on his face.

Softly moving his Mother to the side, Christian took one big swing with his fist, knocking John off his feet, which sent him flying down onto his back, his body colliding with the cold hard floor.