~Chapter Thirty~

*Two Days Later*

Christian's POV

'
'
'

The small echo of an annoying beep had awoken me from my slumber.

As my eyes opened and tried to adjust, they instantly close again, irritated by the brightness that shown through the windows.

"Rise and shine, sleeping beauty."

Fuck no.

Fuck to the no.

Is this hell?

Have I woke up in a different dimension?

My head slowly turns to beside me, to find the only and only she-monster sat on the blue chair, with a magazine in hand.

"Did I die and wake up in hell?"

My voice was croaked, my throat was dry as the Sahara Desert, and don't even get me started on the throbbing pain in my stomach.

"You're pretty much still down here on Earth, my guy."

I was confused. What was she actually doing here?

"Not to blatantly sound unthrilled that you're here, but why are you?"

She didn't know about the accident, how could she even be here right now?

"Docs called. They needed my signature to carry out your surgery, being your wife and all."

I'm going to puke.

Someone shoot me again, please.

"Ex-wife." She rolled her eyes.

"Listen, if you're back here for- I'm not back here for anything."

She cuts me off and I look over to her, hearing out what she had to say.

"I realised it was wrong of me coming back here. I've took a lot of time to process everything, I know there's a lot I may not be forgiven for, but I want to at least have that chance to try."

All of her words were like a broken record, one's I've heard too many times before.

How can you forgive someone for having an orgy party on your first wedding anniversary.. without you?

"You can't magically change things overnight, Janine. Look I appreciate you coming here and signing for me, I really do. But I need time."

All she did was nod in understanding, 

"Where's Rose?"

Before I could even finish getting her name out of my mouth, the door swung open, a teary-eyed Rosalie running through at high speed, dropping to her knees at my bedside.

"Christian.. you're okay.."

Giving Janine a side eye glare, she gets the hint and quietly leaves the room, giving me a moment with Rosalie.

Weakly hooking my arm under hers, she gets the motive to stand up, resting at the edge of the bed as I pulled her close to me.

With her in my arms... everything in the world finally felt right.

Cradling her head to my neck, I let out a sigh of relief of finally having her close to me.

"I'm okay, Rose. I'm here." I hush her softly, taking a deep breath in, as the smell of her coconut hair fills my senses.

How I have missed her...

"I thought- I thought-" Her continuing sobs stop her from getting her words out, and I smile, pulling back to hold her face in my hands.

"I'm here, Rosalie. I'm right here with you." Our foreheads touch, as she leans into my hold. Making sure she was on my better side, I rest us back onto the bed.

Everything else seemed to drown out when she was with me.

"Are you okay, Amore?" I ask, tucking her hair behind her ears, my eyes finally meeting her deep ocean blue ones.

"You're the one who got shot, yet your asking me if I'm okay?" She laughed like I had just asked her the most absured thing in the world.

I couldn't imagine how she must've felt.

That thought brought me back to reality.

"What happened with Garrett?"

I felt her freeze in my arms, her head slowly leaning up to look at me.

"The team are still in search for him. Claire headed down there to follow up with forensics, and she found his phone near the oil barrel. When the explosion went off, he must've been beside the tank."

Before I could even comprehend the new information, the door swung open, revealing a Doctor dressed in blue scrubs.

"Mr Harding. It's great to see you finally awake. I'm Doctor Shields. After our follow-up tests from your surgery, your wound seems to be reacting tremendously well. We will be putting you on a full week course of antibiotics to help prevent infection, although the downside is, we will need to keep you in to undergo a 48-hour observation."

Ugh. This was great. Note my sarcasm.

"Then all will be right as rain? I can't spend too much time away from work."

The Doctor just laughed wholeheartedly at my question, but soon stopped when he caught on to my pressing stare.

"Oh you're being serious. No. It's best if you refrain from anything that could cause more injury to your stitches. As it is a near-fatal wound, it's highly recommended to take as much rest possible for the next six weeks, minimum."

"Are you f- thank you, Doctor. We appreciate your time." Rosalie cut me off, and stood to shake the Doctors hand, leading him out of the room.

Six fucking weeks?! What was I going to do for six weeks?!

As Rosalie returned, the glare of her eyes kept me quiet.

She may be five foot nothing but I swear, she was mentally planning on how to get away with murdering me.

"Christian, I understand you are frustrated over all of this but you need to listen to what he says. You going back to work this early after what happened, it'll just cause more damage, if you don't let yourself heal properly."

Why did she always have to be right?

Before I could protest, the worrying look on her face quietened me once more, as I just gave her a one-sided smile. "Okay, Amore. Six weeks, then I'll return to work."

A wave of silence rode over the room, as my eyes dropped to her stomach, my hand pressing softly to her lower abdomen.

"Are we really doing this?"

Her hand covered mine, a tired smile soon showing on her face as she simply shrugged. "I guess we are."

I was going to be a Father. Rosalie was going to be a Mother. And my heart knew, she was going to be the best damn Mother there ever was.

"Robert was right." I mutter, making her eyes meet mine once again.

"Evelyn would have been so proud of you, Rose."

"Oh, Christian." Her voice cracks with a sob, her tear-soaked lips colliding with mine.

"No need to make a second grandchild for me, one is more than enough for now."

We break apart, only to find Robert walking into the room with his hand covering his face. I laugh at the embarrased look on Rosalie's face and hold her tighter to my side.

"You told him?" I ask confused, but Rosalie just smiles looking at Robert.

"He wasn't nessesary thrilled with the timing, but I'm sure the Grandpa status will soon warm him up." She chuckles as Robert just rolls his eyes, struggling to hide his smile.

"How are you holding up, Son?"

I tense momentarily at his wording, but nonetheless smile and shake his awaiting hand. I thought about my response for a second, and smiled knowing.

"Ironically, I don't think I could be doing much better than this."