Drowning Shadows.

[A/N:  a little content warning/trigger warning. Mentions of bloods, cuts and self-harm not to descriptive but they could be triggering to some.] 

[Fort]

Fort tiredly sighs and loosens the tie that has been around his collar for almost 10 hours now. Honestly, this day had totally worn him out not just physically but also mentally, there were a lot of things that he needed to straighten out not just in the company but also in his life.

He walked through the gate of their home when he saw that the lights were out as if no one was inside. Fort looked at his wrist clock, it was telling him it was just past 9 pm and usually around this time, there should be lights opened in the living room area and Peat's bedroom or in his home office but it was pitch black. Fort wasn't the person who usually assumes the worst but his guts were telling him otherwise.

He quickly covered the distance between the front yard to the main door of the house, calling out to the housekeeper or to Peat but no one was answering him. It was dead silent and this didn't seat right for him. Something felt off. This prompted Fort to put his guard up while entering his own house. He should have asked his uncle or grandfather to send him some guards.

Fort entered cautiously, ensuring he didn't create any necessary noises. He threaded inside with caution, checking every corner of the room for anything that would cause harm or even outsiders that managed to break in. Fort went to open the main electricity switch for the whole house and found out that it was broken. Great, a blackout. That should have sent more warnings in his head but he decided to shove it all down. When he deemed clear the first floor of their house, Fort silently walked his way up to their rooms. He checked his bedroom first, pulling out his phone to use the built-in flashlight, Fort made sure that nothing was out of the ordinary and he even checked the adjacent home office to see if there were some missing files but his room was clear, untouched, which was weird. If people would break into his house, they would rummage through his stuff, right? Before he checked Peat's room, he sent a quick text to someone; if anything went wrong, someone could alert the police and his family. He then entered Peat's Bedroom as quietly as he could. He checked the bed and saw that someone had laid there, and Fort could see the clutter of things above it. He assumed it was Peat's things, so he let that be and went to the connecting bathroom. Fort opened the bathroom, he was not surprised to be greeted by darkness. Fort was going to Peat's home office when he noticed the laundry basket near the lavatory. Fort thought that his eyes were playing with him so he looked closer and found pieces of clothes there. This sent alarms straight to Fort, every house cleaner they hired knew that their laundry baskets should be always empty right after someone had used the bathroom but seeing how there were clothes on the basket, that meant Peat had used the bathroom and no one cleaned up the basket. His mind started to run wildly. The housekeeper auntie wasn't there and there's a possibility that Peat went home. Then where is Peat? Fort then looked at the shower/tub, he let his eyes further adjust to the darkness.

His eyes widened as he realised that someone was in the tub. Fort walked closer, his steps faltering as he made out the silhouette. It was Peat. There was a frosted glass dividing the lavatory area and the shower/tub area so Fort didn't notice at first that there was someone in the tub and it didn't help that Peat's body was almost submerged in the water. Please. Please.

Please just let it be that his Peat accidentally fell asleep in the bathtub.

As he inches closer to Peat's unmoving body, he sat at the edge of the tub to inspect. Bubbles were still visible, so that means he probably was there for at least an hour or less. Fort inched closer to inspect Peat's body itself. He doesn't know why but the first thing he checked was Peat's lips. He wanted to check if it still has the same pinkish hue but when he was greeted with purple-ish almost blue colour on Peat's lips, his heart rate picked up again. please.