Prologue

"I think we should take a break." Louis mumbled, "I just...I can't do this anymore."

"What? No Lou, don't say that." Harry pleaded, looking at his boyfriend who was perched on the edge of their bed.

"I'm sorry Haz." Louis muttered, "But I don't know how much longer I can just sit here and let you do...that. I want you as mine and only mine."

"But it's my job."

"I know and I'm proud of you, but I never signed up for this."

"You agreed to go out with me Lou, no one forced you to say yes." Harry explained.

"I know."

"Do you regret it?" Harry asked.

"No, but I just didn't think it would become so hard." Louis explained.

"Oh, so do regret it? You wished you'd never said yes. You wish you'd never met me, is that it?"

"I never said that."

"Sounded like it." Harry muttered under his breath.

"Oh, come off it Harry. You know that's not what I meant." Louis rolled his eyes.

"Then what? What did you mean?"

"I just meant that at the beginning I never would have guessed that it'd become like this. I never would have thought that you'd be sent away for weeks on end to go fuck some guy with sandy blonde hair and a six pack instead of being home with me. With your boyfriend. I never expected to see my face on the front of every magazine in London saying that I'm your new "boy toy". Do you know how that makes me feel? Hearing that I'm nothing but a good fuck and that you'll be done with me within a month? Do you!? No you don't, because you're to busy fucking some guys brains out to even notice what's happening in the real world." Louis was on the verge of tears, swallowing the lump in his throat.

"It's my job Lou."

"I know it's your fucking job! You're a fucking porn star for fuck sake."

"Then you should have known what to expect when you agreed to go out with me. You should have known what would come with dating a guy like me! I mean, hello Louis! I fuck guys for living and if you had any common sense in you, you would have figured out that it wouldn't be a walk in the park." Harry argued.

"Yes, but I never thought it would hurt this bad." Louis mumbled.

"What do you want me to do, Lou?"

"Quit." Louis said, looking up to meet Harry's eyes.

"You know I can't do that."

"I know." Louis mumbled.

Harry sighed before moving over to the bed and plonking himself down next to Louis, his head falling into his hands.

"What are we going to do Lou?" Harry mumbled, rubbing at his tired eyes.

"Well, I don't know about you but I was planning on going back home for a little while. I just think we need a bit of space, plus Mum wants me to visit. See the girls and stuff." Louis explained.

Harry sighed, "When are you leaving?"

"Tomorrow morning."

Harry nodded, "Make sure you wake me up and say goodbye before you leave."

"Of course." Louis answered with a small smile.

Another half hour later and Harry was wrapped up in Louis' arms. Looking down at his boyfriend Louis thought about how they got to here. How everything had spiraled out of control. Feeling Harry's breath wash over his face as he breathed out through parted lips, Louis thought back to the first time they met. How clueless they had been. How in love they had been. But to know that, we'd have to start at the very beginning. We'd have to go back to the day Louis first saw the boy with the curly hair.