Talking about the Past

~ Izuku's POV ~
Dad walked in and gave me his shirt to wear while he washed him clothes. I put the shirt on then shorts. They are the clothes that don't fit him anymore. Somehow it fits me. He started to wash my clothes. Then the door opened.

"I'm home!" A man said. I thought it was Todoroki. I walked downstairs slowly. "So where's Izuku that we adopted?" He said. Dad pointed at me. I got off the stairs. "You're Izuku?" He said smiling. I nodded slowly.

"Thank you Shota!!" Papa shouted excitedly. Dad erased his quirk before he talked. "Sure. She needed a home to stay safe from her evil father All For One." Dad said. Papa looked at me. "We are going to protect her." Papa said.

Papa was happy. I started to walk to them. "Papa." I pointed at him. "Dad." I pointed at him. I started to smile. They smiled then hug me. I hugged back. We all broke the hug. "I got you a backpack and book." Papa said.

"Thank you papa." I said smiling. He put the backpack with school supplies in there. Papa gave me the book. I started to hug it with a smile on my face. Papa ruffled my hair. "Hehehe." I laughed softly. Papa smiled.

We heard the doorbell. Dad walked to the door and I saw Todoroki. "Todoroki-kun!!" I said happily. He smiled. Dad let him in and closed the door then locked it. Todoroki took his shoes off and walked to me. "Hey." He said.

I smiled. "Dinner will be ready soon. The guest bedroom is next to Lettuce's room." Dad said. "Lettuce?" They said confused. "I like that nickname. Because of half of my hair. It's my favorite vegetable and color." I said smiling.

Dad smiled and papa sulked. "I will call you Izu then." Papa said smiling. I started to smile again. "Ha." I laughed smiling. "Good hang out with Todoroki now." Dad said. "Okay." I said then ran up the stairs. "Hey." I smiled softly.

"Hey." He said smiling softly as well. "Here." He said. I looked down. "Another book." I said smiling. "Yup." He said smiling. "Thank you." I said hugging him with a smile on my face. He hugged back. We broke the hug.

"I love books." I said spinning then landed on the bed. "When did you learn how to read?" He said. "I learned at age 2. Kurogiri taught me how to read." I said. Todoroki was confused. "Who is Kurogiri?" Todoroki said.

"He is one of the villains that took care of me while father did bad things. The villains basically were training me to learn who to become a hero behind father's back. They are nice to me but not the others outside." I said.

"Their overprotective of me." I said smiling. "They must be great villains since they took good care of you except your father." He said. "Yeah." I said smiling. "I do miss them though." I said sadly. "You did good." He said.

"Huh?" I said. "You did good. You escaped or did they help you?" I said. "They helped me. The door is always locked and Kurogiri helped unlock the door for me. He wants me to be a hero not a villain." I said smiling.

Todoroki smiled as well. I got up slowly and sat on the bed. "You sure had a rough time when you were little. When were you taken?" Todoroki said. "I was taken when I was born. When I was in basinet father he..." I paused.

Tears started to fall down my eyes. "He unplugged the cord that keeps my mom alive then took me. He said that she died when she gave birth to me. Father lies a lot." I said crying. Todoroki hugged me.

"I had too." Todoroki said. "Huh?" I said. He broke the hug and hold my hands. "When I was born I was taken care of by my mom and sister. My big brother Toya tried to get our father's attention but he didn't." Todoroki said.

"Sooner or later. I was 5 years old. My mom couldn't handle my dad anymore. When she saw me she pour hot boiling water on my eye." Todoroki said putting his left hand on his left eye that has the burn she gave him.

"I started to cry in pain while she cried out 'I'm sorry. I'm sorry Shoto.' My father took her to the hospital because she was crazy when it was his fault. I told him 'You were the one who made her hurt me.' I hated him." He said.

"So I refused to use my left side. I only use it if I need to melt the ice. A few months later Toya died because of his quirk. He couldn't control it anymore. I was taken care of by my big sister Fuyumi. She is a great sister." He said.

I smiled. "My life was horrible until I met you. You are changing my life. Every time you smile I smile too. Cause when you smile. You smile like your mother. I can see your mother inside you. You have her in your heart." He said.

"Act like your mother and be like your mother. Don't be like your father All For One. Be something positive like your mother." Todoroki said smiling. Tears started to fall down my face and I hugged Todoroki. "Thank you." I said.

"You are the only friend I can trust in this society right now." I said smiling while crying. "I don't want to lose a person like you. You changed my life as well...Shoto Todoroki." I said smiling happily. Todoroki was shocked.

Todoroki then smiled and hugged me back too. "I don't want to lose you either...Izuku Midoriya." Todoroki said smiling. I hugged him tighter. "Todoroki! Lettuce! Dinner is ready!" Dad said. We broke the hug and got up slowly.

We walked downstairs and sat down.

To be continued...

1003 words