X

"Shredder," April screams. The man in metal looks at her and she holds up the mutagen. My leg trembles and I stand next to her, panting. "This is all that's left!"

"Little girl. That belongs to me," he paces towards us, going directly to April. I can hear the turtles faintly say "hold it, hold it," naturally assuming that they meant the spyre. Even if Donnie managed to disable the system, there is a probability that if the spyre fell off this building it will still contaminate specific people. I run away from her and she throws the tank to me, Shredder reaches for it but he misses. He runs to me but I throw it back to April. Shredder chokeslams me to the floor of the roof. The spyre begins falling off the roof while the four boys try holding it still, obviously failing. Shredder rushes to April and knocks her off the side of the building, both falling as he successfully takes the mutagen.

"APRIL!" I run with a limp and see April and Shredder successfully got a hold of the tilted spyre. I jump off and land on Shredder. Shredder moves to April first, cutting next to her hand and she begins slippping, however, the turtles form a chain and they catch her.

"What about YN?!"

"APRIL! Don't worry about me, let me be a hero. If not to you, then to myself."
Shredder tries pushing me off, failing as I hold one of his arms out by his wrist. "If I die, I don't care, I'll die knowing I did something good for a change, I just need you to know I'm sorry.." Honestly, I knew what I was doing, but I didn't know if I would make it. I was going to grab the bar and kick Shredder off me.

"WHAT?! YN NO, NO, NO, NO-" I smile and sob, throwing the mutagen to April. I punch Shredder's shoulder and he slips off me, fashioning a grip on my ankle. I kick him off as I grip the bar, but my hand slips. I let out a scream but I am jolted back into reality as I look up. April had caught me. April sobs and swings me up onto the spyre again, this time, we all stood inside it and it began falling, for good this time.

"I think this is it, guys. Does anyone have anything they want to share?" The spyre lands on a billboard, destroying it and we begin falling completely. "Donnie?!"

"I'm the one who licks the frosting off the pop tarts every morning and puts them back in the box!"

"I so do not understand the ending of Lost!"

"Raph?"

"I just... uh, if this is our last moment together, I just want you guys to know I'm sorry. I'm sorry I was so hard on you. Every time I pushed you, I... I threatened you, I yelled at you, I pushed you beyond your limits, it was because I believe in you! I believe in each one of you! I believe in your spirit and your intelligence and your potential. And every time I talked about walking away, it was because I was scared! I just didn't think I was good enough to stand next to you and call you brothers and say to you "I love you"! I love you guys so much!" April looks to me.

"I was too young to remember either one of my parents when they died and since then I have questioned how April has managed to take care of me for so long! I never once was truly appreciative and I never acknowledged the things she does for me! I'm so sorry, April! I try so hard to get the approval of others and I try so hard to do the right thing all the time but it's just so hard! Almost everyone I've encountered said I wouldn't amount to anything! All I ever wanted to do was give up but doing this with all of you ,saving people, made me feel satisfied! Knowing I have the possibility of getting wicked hurt doing this- I don't care because deep down I finally feel satisfied!!" Tears had been cascading down my face and hair stuck to my blemished skin. Beads of sweat dropped down my neck and dust from impact lifted into the air.

"Raph? We made it..." I had continued to cry and shakingly hold onto the spyre.
"Are you crying?" Raph sniffles and looks away from the others, huffing gently.

"No, ding-dong. It's just a little dusty out here." Letting go of the spyre, we go back to the turtle's lair and Raph holds onto me as we slide down the sewage pipes.

"I may be used to the smell, but gliding down sewage pipes like an amusement ride, won't ever get old to me." He smirks lightly and guides me into the same room we left Splinter in. "Okay, the only thing that can really heal him is mutagen, right? I mean a blood transfusion won't really work out so... mutagen has to work, right, Donnie?!" He nods and hooks Splinter up to an IV for the mutagen.

"Okay, the mutagen is now entering his bloodstream." Allt he boys crowd him and I stand back a little, deciding it would be best to give them space. I had lost my bag at Sacks' Estate which sucked, my skateboard was in it and everything.
——
Word Count: 919