VIII

"Hey, guys! It's the maintenance hatch! Our ticket home!"

"A little help, please!" we all sounded tired.

"Guys," Donnie starts. "We gotta hustle. Shredder's over New York City." I groan and stand, holding my shoulder as it aches.

"Ouch." I limp over to the rest of the guys and yawn.

"You look like shit, you okay?" I nod at Leo and yawn again.

"Just tired, I mean, I only fell out of a moving truck, did a free-slide down this mountain, and almost get into my first illegal car crash."

I held onto Leo as all of the turtles slid on their backs down the sewage. "Woohoo! This is almost better than Splash Mountain!"

"Satellite imagery shows Shredder's reached the top of Sacks Tower."

"If that's where he's releasing the toxin from..."

"It's gonna spread over the whole city!"

"Everyone will be exposed! Everyone'll get sick!"

"We need to... break a left!" Leo pushes off the bottom of the pipe and exits, landing in a different one.

"Holy shit, this is so cool! Too bad it smells funky!" Leo chuckles a little. We land in a building and Leo sets me down.
"Alright, listen up. We gotta find the elevators and get up to the roof. You guys get out of here. Get to a safe distance."

"No, no, we can go find Sacks and get our hands on the mutagen as a contingency plan, just in case... you know," April pants heavily.

"Wow, April, great motivation. Remind me not to listen to one of your TED talks."

"Thanks for the vote of confidence." I laugh.

Raph's pov-
"If we don't make it back, bring the mutagen to Splinter. It can save his life."

"Sack's Laboratory is on the 36th floor. I've already disabled the securiy system. Oh, and uh, good luck!"

"You too, guys. Be as careful as you can. And Raph, let your brothers help you, don't play lonesome soldier," YN states before running off.

"If I don't return, remember me, April. You can always find me, in here." Leo grabs the edge of Mikey's shell and we run off. I turn around one last time to look at YN. She skids her feet across the floor and flails her arms as she trips; she lands flat on her face and I could hear her skin drag across the floor. She jumped back up and I heard her laugh. Even through all this shit... she still laughs.

"Hey guys, I think Raph has a crush~" I growl at Mikey.

"Mikey-"

"Enough, let's go."

"Elevator's just around this corner!"

"Alright guys, listen up. We stick to my plan and we won't fail. Fan out in three, two, one." We skid to a stop as dozens of Foot troops look up at us. "Woah," we duck down as Donnie shuts the door.

"Not the elevator."

"Nope." We turn and run in the opposite direction, looking for that damn elevator. As we stand in the elevator, I crack my neck a few times and Mikey starts hitting his nunchucks together.

"MC Mikey..." Feeling the rhythm to his beat, I join in with my twin sai and beatboxing, followed by Leo and then Donnie. It was a quick little reliever of anxiety, even for a slight moment. We rush out and Shredder turns to us as we reach the top.
——
Word Count: 559