IX

"Ready, stance!"

"Hey, Mikey, remember that thing you used to say when we were little kids?"

"You made me promise never to say it again."

"Forget about that. Still got one in the tank?"

"Been holding it in for years."

"Wait, guys, we need a plan!"

"Cowabunga!" Mikey and I run to Shredder, hitting him this way and that, but nothing worked. He took down Leo and debris began falling from the rooftop.

April, Vern, and I rush into the building of Sacks's lab and we find the mutagen tube. Sacks stood in front of it and shot at us. April grunts and we duck behind a table. "Guys, you get the mutagen, I'll distract Sacks."

"But YN-" I give April a knowing look and she nods in silence.

"So, Mr. Sacks, is killing so many innocent people really worth the money?"

"You won't understand, YN. You have no idea what you're getting yourself into. You should've stuck with making pizzas and April should've stuck to her small stories. If your uncle had just listend to me, maybe we could've passed the project to you and April. Alas..." I run to him and he shoots me in the knee, however, the bullet only grazes my skin. I shout out loudly and limp to him, hitting his elbow up, snapping it.

"That's all you'll ever be, you're no hero, not even to them." He kicks me in the stomach and I fly back a little. I get back up and he shoots me again, this time hitting my left thigh. At this point I wanted to cry. Not because of the pain in my leg, but because of what he said. I've tried my entire life to have someone feel proud of me.

"Seriously, you two... You're adorable," Sacks says to April and Vern. "Really. I could just pinch your cheeks." He shoots again, three more bullets. One lands in Vern's arm. "I understand a girl with daddy issues, I do. But you're not gonna stop me. This is history repeating itself. Your father walked in on me, April, just like you did. It took a few less bullets to take him down though."

He continues to shoot at them but I stand up and sneak up behind him. I push him to the ground and wrap my thighs around his head, cutting off his airway. He punches me in the jaw but I take the pain. He holds the gun to my thigh but I still don't let go.

"If you shoot, you can kill yourself, the bullet will go right through my leg-" Sacks bites me and I scream as his teeth tear through my leggings. I let go as he pushes me off and I hobble up, kicking his gun away from him. He stands and lunges toward the gun, successfully grabbing it. I began feeling tired, but I couldn't faint now, I had to keep going, for the turtles, for April and Vern, for New York.

April pulls a lever and Sacks gets distracted under a Vent. Vern knocks him out while April grabs the mutagen tank. April slings my arm over one of her shoulders and takes me to a car. We drive to the Sacks Tower and climb up to the roof after exiting the elevator.
——
Word Count: 551