Ch 23

Only three days later after losing the baby, I already have to do another interview. It's one thing to talk about it, but its another to talk about it with strangers. When I talk about it with Cole, I feel safe and not judged. So I'm not quite sure how this one is going to go.

•••••

"Hey! It's Chris from Newman's Own presented by Market Basket and Im here with Adriana Regan. How are you doing Adriana?" Chris, the interviewer says all peppy.
I fax a smile and say, "Im alright."
He nods. "So, when did you find out that you lost the baby?"
I take a deep breath. "I found out 3 days ago. I was laying in bed and..." I take another breath. "If you've seen What To Expect When Youre Expecting, then you know exactly what happened."
"Who was with you?"
"Cole. He drove me to the hospital."
"Aw. What are his thoughts?"
"He's absolutely devastated too. At first, when you find out you're gonna get a baby, you're terrified and not even sure if you want it, but then you get excited and happy and you know you want it so when you lose that its-" I start to get choked up. "It's really upsetting because you... you were looking forward to that." I wipe a tear that has now fallen from my right eye and sniffle.
"I'm sorry. What do you think you're going to do now?"
I try to reconstruct my self to answer. "I haven't met much fans and I really want to so I'm doing a meet and greet at a lot of cities. So keep in touch for all the information."
He smiles. "Have you had any weird fan in counters?"
I shake my head no. "No. They've all been super sweet. Most of them were all actually 5ers which are some of the nicest people ever! I can't believe it." Talking about the fans puts a smile to my face.