Wheels

"All right, guys. We're doing a new number for Sectionals." Will Schuester announced as he came into the choir room, carrying music sheets. He started passing them down, explaining his choice. "I know that pop songs have sort of been our signature pieces, but I did a little research on past winners, and it turns out that the judges like songs that are more accessible. Stuff they know. Uh, standards, Broadway."

"Defying Gravity?" Kurt exclaimed excitedly, grinning from ear to ear when he saw the title of the song. "I have an iPod shuffle dedicated exclusively to selections from Wicked. This is amazing."

"It's true, he used to play it non stop" Mickey rolled his eyes, his statement receiving a concerned look from a certain female.

Mr. Schue smiled at Kurt gently before turning to look at the girl next to him. "Think you can handle it, Rachel?"

"It's my go-to shower song." Rachel commented, nodding her head confidently. "It's also my ringtone."

"Why do we have to go all vanilla on this song?" Mercedes wondered as Kurt's expression dropped, looking crushed.

Mickey noticed this and frowned at his brother and almost got up but remembered all the times he was in similar or worse conditions and his brother did nothing, choosing to do the same.

The older Hummel boy glanced over to his brother, giving him a sad look as he turned back to face the front. "See, what we need is my chocolate thunder."

"Okay, we don't have time to rearrange a song for you, Mercedes. Rachel is singing it."

"Shocker," Mickey said loudly, leaning on the wall,"You seem to always have time for Rachel," his statement getting ignored by every person in the room, something he noticed was happening more frequently these days

"Don't worry, we'll find something for you to dip in chocolate." Mr. Schuester continued, not glancing Mickey's way at all. "On to item two. The school won't pay for the special bus we need to take Artie and his wheelchair with us to sectionals."

"W-w-what?!" Tina gaped, outraged.

"That's completely unfair." Rachel protested as well.

"So we're going to have to raise money to pay for it ourselves. See, when I was in glee club, and we needed new silk cummerbunds for regionals, we held a bake sale."

There was a heavy pause, with a few scattered laughs here and there to try to cover it.

"You're joking, right?" Santana scoffed, speaking what was on everyone's mind, but being the only one who dared say it out loud. "I mean, bake sales are kind of bougie."

"She's right, no one's gonna want to buy anything" Mickey said also brave enough to say what everyone was thinking,"I mean we're Glee Club, they hate us why would they buy from us"

Will crossed his arms over his chest, clearly displeased with their reactions. "So hip people stopped eating delicious sugary treats?"

"It's not that. It's just that most of us don't know how to bake?" Brittany said softly, coming to her friend's defense. "I find... recipes confusing."

"What?" Kurt wondered, bewildered at the blonde's words. Before he could make any further comment Santana shot him a murderous glare, a clear sign for him to keep his mouth shut. Not wanting to anger the latina he did as instructed.

"My family is fully committed to takeout." Rachel added, making an excuse.

"Yeah, Mr. Schue, kids are busier than when you went here." Finn agreed, supporting the girl. "We've got homework and football and teen pregnancy... lunch."