The Rocky Horror Glee Show

It had been a full month and three weeks since the incident, since Burt suffered from the heart attack, since Sue suspended Mickey from the Cheerios, since Mickey was practically forced to wait in the choir room with his brother because he couldn't drive with his sprain.

A full month and three weeks with a feeling of hopelessness as he wished he could cheer with his best friends, as he wished he didn't have to watch Tina and Mike basically flaunt their love around, as he wished Sue realized that suspending him didn't help him push him to be better, as he wished he could just snap into a better person.

A person without baggage. A person without the shit load of trauma he held inside. A person that didn't depend on one hobby to create false happiness for himself.

After his brief talk with Santana, he did realize that throughout the eight months he attended therapy, he never actually tried.

Sure, he did answer the questions he was asked but he never actually understood what he was saying. It was like storytime but instead of Mickey already knowing the deep moral of the story he never truly found out, and while Roger sat across from him writing notes in his notepad, Mickey was still lost in what it all meant. He was still left wondering why things happened the way they did, why he felt the emotions he did, what emotions he felt.

I guess that was one of the many great things about Sam Evans. That blond boy somehow started Mickey on a new track. He drove Mickey to a path where he actually now took the time to look back at what was and took some time to understand it, understand him.

Mickey kept the Elmo plushy and put it on his shelf as a big reminder to let him feel, understand what he felt, and express it. Now he was still struggling greatly with that last one but the other two he was slowly getting the hang of it.

“So, Mickey, how have you been?” Roger questioned, as Mickey stared at his clock on the wall,”Is something wrong? It’s just a clock, Mick,” he said, though he had a feeling he knew what was bothering the teen

Throughout his relationship with Lexi, Mickey was conditioned to have everything perfectly, do everything perfectly, be perfect. Because of this subconsciously he gained Symmetry OCD, causing him to focus excessively on how things looked and arrange them in a balanced or ‘perfect’ order. This also came with noticing when things were slightly off balance, even the smallest imbalance would cause him and while he could push it down most times,as he did in public, there were moments where he couldn’t keep his mind off the imperfections.

Being his therapist, Roger knew that it was something they would need to work on but also knew he couldn’t do it so quickly which was why he was only now making an actual effort. He purposefully tilted his clock two inches off its axis just to see how Mickey would react.

Mickey continued to stare at the clock, his good leg shaking a little as he flexed his hand,”It’s tilted,” he muttered, not taking his eyes off of it calculating the length in his head, something he picked up when he was with Lexi,”Two inches,” he whispered

“Do you want me to fix it?” Roger asked, observing his patients movements the teen obviously reluctant

“No,” Mickey mumbled, clearing his throat and looking at the man finally,”What were you saying?” he asked, having been too lost on the clock to actually focus

“I asked how you’ve been,” Roger repeated, watching as Mickey’s leg shook more and his hands began to tremble, taking down a few notes on his notepad

“Fine,” Mickey responded shortly, glancing back at the clock and then quickly looking away

“You know, you always say fine,” Roger stated, sighing and sitting his notepad down next to him,”I’m trying to get you to the point where you can say good, decent mayb-” he paused, noticing that Mickey was once again not listening and staring at the clock. Standing, Roger walked over to the clock and fixed it to be perfectly straight, walking back to his chair as he watched Mickey visibly relax,”That better?”