Vitamin D

If it was anyone's fault that they weren't making any effort it was Mr. Schue's. Seriously, what did he expect they would do when they heard who they were up against? It was natural of them wanting to relax a little.

Mickey watched as Mr. Schuester tried to practice the choreography with the rest of the glee club. He had been excused from the exercise because he proved to the glee coach that he knew the dance steps without a problem and he spoke to him about how the painkillers were making him drowsy. Even though both of his injuries had healed perfectly Lexi insisted that he still take the painkillers, which made him feel high for most of the day and that wasn't great for dancing nor cheer.

As a reward Mr. Schue let him sit back and unwind, hoping that maybe that would motivate the others. It didn't work very well. Kurt had been the only one to take the offer and Finn...well, he was too tired to do much of anything so he also got permission to sit down.

"Five, six, seven, eight. Step, turn, out, in, ball-change, step ball-change step. You, you, you, you. And ba-ba-ba." Will called out as he directed the group.

He let out a frustrated groan when he saw their lack of energy. "Come on, guys, you're sleepwalking on me here. Give me some energy. We've got sectionals in two-"

"Please, sectionals is going to be a breeze." Mercedes interrupted, dismissing his concerns.

"Maybe so," Mr. Schue sighed, looking down in defeat.

Artie let out a loud yawn, which caught Mickey's attention from where he laid on his brother's lap, and when he turned to him he found himself looking at Finn instead. Finn sat on his right side, he was staring intently ahead. Following his eyesight he encountered that he was gazing at Quinn's abdomen, and he was pretty sure Finn was thinking about the baby. Yes,Mickey knew about the baby. After their little moment in the hall at cheer practice Quinn broke down and told him everything.

"But if we coast through sectionals, we're gonna get killed at regionals." Mr. Schuester continued, breaking him out of his thoughts. He blinked once and shook his head, "We have got to be on our game."

Kurt laughed out of the sudden from his left. Mickey's hand quickly shot to cover his mouth, but it was too late. Their Spanish teacher sent Kurt a disapproving look.

"Sorry, funny Youtube." Kurt apologized with a sheepish expression,lowering his brother's hand to speak. "It's the grape stomping one." He tugged Mickey's hand and handed him his phone.

"Watch this, you are going to love it." and just like he said Mickey went through a whole fit of giggles. Was it that funny,was it the pills he didn't know but he was in ecstasy at the moment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"COMPETITION." Mr. Shue excitedly addressed the class, while pinning pictures on a board, "Every one of these people or elements was a champion in their own right. But they used competing with each other to make themselves even better." He finished.

"I don't understand how lightning is in competition with an above-ground swimming pool?" Kurt asked.

Will only sighed before saying, "Just go with it. You guys have become complacent. You were great at the invitational, but you got to up your game if you want to get through sectionals." Then clapped his hands together, before continuing, "Okay,split up. Guys on the left side, girls on the right side." No one moved, not really into the competition. Mr. Shue only sighed saying," Let's go, come on. Alright."

"You heard the man, get out of here," Santana spoke humorously from behind Mickey as she placed her hands on Mickey and Matt's back, pushing them slightly to the other side of the room while Mike was thrust by Brittanny. Mickey let out an indignant huff as he was being chased away by the Cheerios, sad that he had to leave Santana's side as she had been rubbing his shoulders for the past 15 minutes.