369.Midnight Call

"Then, is there anything you want?" Lisa was generous with her praise and encouragement towards her younger siblings. "Yeonjun, you're really great."

Jungkook clenched his fists. His eyes were filled with more dissatisfaction. It was just a monthly test. His younger brother was really annoying. Yeonjun's face was full of pride. Jungkook could not bear to see that and said, "It has always been the same ranking. You haven't even improved. How could you ask for rewards?"

"I really want to have improvement. I don't want to let sister-in-law down." Yeonjun smiled. He was being shy and polite. His fair and tender face was filled with regret. "It's a pity that I'm already number one in the grade. There's no way for me to improve further." There was a crafty look in his eyes.

1

"How can you improve if you're already number one? If you can maintain it, you deserve a reward." Lisa ignored the brothers' little fight. She smiled and said, "It's fine if your big brother doesn't want to give you a reward. I'll give it to you. Tell me, is there anything you want?"

Jungkook was angry. It was just number one in the grade. He had received countless awards since he was young. He would show her all the trophies and Certificates of Honor one day!

!!

Touching the stud on his earlobe, Yeonjun suddenly said, "Sister-in-law, can I have a pair of ear studs?" He was afraid that Lisa would misunderstand, so he added, "I want something just like this. I can wear them on alternate days." These ear studs were given to him by Lisa. He had never changed them ever since he put them on.

Yeonjun could no longer remember why he had his ears pierced back then. It could be either his rebellious impulse or some other reason. But now, he was pleased that he had these piercings. His sister-in-law gifted this to him. He was the only one among the siblings to get it.

"Do you like ear studs?" Lisa was surprised. That was such a small request. She had no reason to reject at all. She nodded and said, "Then I'll choose a suitable one for you." She took it very seriously.

Yeonjun showed a genuine smile as she said, "Thank you, Sister-in-law!"

Lisa could not help but laugh. She raised her eyes and met Jungkook's deep eyes. She paused and asked, "Mr. Jeon?"

"Nothing." Lisa seemed to have nothing else to say. Jungkook lowered his head and said indifferently, "Recently, there is quite a lot of work to do. I may have to work overtime. You don't have to wait for me for dinner together." His life was not only about love and banquets. There were also countless jobs and social engagements.

"Work is more important." Lisa replied with a laugh. "Don't worry, Mr. Jeon. We will be fine." Her smile was bright and beautiful. The sun shone on her face, making her look extremely beautiful.

Jungkook took a deep breath, leaned over, and planted a kiss on Lisa's forehead. In a hoarse voice, he said, "I've troubled you too much during this period of time." Recently, Jeon Corporation had a new project. As the CEO of the corporation, Jungkook had to focus most of his energy on it. Sometimes, when he stayed back for work, he would sleep in the lounge of the office.

That night, Lisa was woken up by an urgent call. She opened her eyes in a daze and subconsciously picked up the phone. "Hello?"

"Jieun, what are you doing? "A drunken female voice came from the other side of the phone. "Everyone is waiting for you. Let's go, let's go drink!" She could hear an ear-splitting sound of music.

Lisa suddenly opened her eyes and glanced at the phone screen. It was Jieun's phone number. She subconsciously called out, "IU?"

There was no response from the other side. Did Jieun make a wrong call because she was drunk? However, Lisa had a bad feeling. She raised her voice and called out again, "Jieun! Are you there? Can you hear me?"

"I... I'm going out to take a breather. I'll be right back." Jieun's voice sounded on the phone. She was obviously not speaking to Lisa. Her voice was a little nervous. Lisa could vaguely hear someone asking Jieun to drink with them.

Lisa frowned. Before she could say anything else, the call was hung up. Listening to the busy tone on the phone, Lisa's sleepiness completely disappeared.

"Ding." At this moment, a message notification popped up on her phone screen. It was from Jieun. There were only a few words on it, "Sister-in-law, help me!"

Lisa's pupils dilated. Her first reaction was to call back, but she could only hear a cold female voice that the phone was turned off. What happened? Did something happen to Jieun? It didn't seem like she had been kidnapped or in danger. Why did she send such a message? Why did she turn off her phone?