50.

Uploading 2 more chapters between today and July 4th because I'll be out of town July 7th-10th and my dads death anniversary is July 11th
Insane to think it's almost been a year
We're nearing the end of this book, which means these next few chapters will basically be a back and forth between emotions and explicit content
So strap in lovelies!
It's a wild ride from here on out, and I love this for us :)
Love y'all so much
xoxo

Atlas

"Deception

"Deception."

"I know."

"Disgrace."

"I'm aware."

"Evil as plain as the scar on your face."

"First off, it was a few love bites on my neck, and now you're just quoting the lion king two." I replied to Nyra's sharp whispers, turning my head in her general direction across this oddly small table. Though I couldn't see her, I could feel that glare on me from a mile away.

We were sitting in our respective seats now, with Nyra's disapproval radiating off her body in waves as we waited for the presentation to begin.

I was surprised by how intimate the seating was, Nyra and I were placed at a table for two, and as we sat, she explained the layout to me. There were apparently many small tables scattered throughout the room, with Hendrix and Doug sitting at a table right next to us near the stage. I knew that particular piece of information because Doug stopped by to say hello as soon as my butt nestled into these outrageously comfortable chairs.

No seriously, outrageously comfortable. I didn't expect padding on both the bottom and back area, but I was grateful for it considering we'd probably be seated for a while.

I expected more people seated to a table, but this actually worked better for both Nyra and my rapidly growing nerves. She got to help me learn the placement of the cutlery, glasses, and plating without me feeling like others were watching, because regardless of what Nyra tried to convince me of, I could always feel when others eyes were on me. It was like my body developed a sense for it.

This also allowed Nyra to further straighten the suit Errol had done a surprisingly quick job of getting me almost completely out of. I didn't know the scope of the damage until Nyra went off on me in the hall outside Errol's room.

Errol missed the whole blowout because Hendrix had already intercepted him from his room with a stern lecture of her own.

I thought back to just ten minutes earlier, seconds before Errol locked that door...

"Listen, I didn't know he would-"

"Save it." Nyra cut in, giving me no room to explain. There was absolutely no righteous excuse I could give her, and we both knew it.