47.

Hopefully getting one more chapter up today! The weekend escaped me, I'm sorry y'all!
Love you guys sm,
xoxo

Atlas

Getting to know someone can lead to some of the most interesting things, I thought to myself

A couple months ago, had I known I'd be prepping for my first art show in years, that anxiety alone would have chipped bitterly away at the last bit of my sanity.

Yet knowing this now, the only thing I had on my mind was Errol's showcase. It was the only thing I could think about during my meetings with Atticus over last minute details, such as the layout, and where we'll put the wine bar.

Atticus was adamant on the fact that we needed a wine bar during the exhibition, and honestly this man had made me too much money over the years to start questioning his work now. This was what he did- what he chose to do for the longest. Really his only consistent thing he's committed to in this lifetime, so If he said we needed a wine bar, we probably most likely did.

I couldn't shake the urge to give Errol a call, see how he was holding up with mere days away from his performance.

You could imagine my surprise when I first found out he'd be performing live...

"Are you sure?" I asked him, excitement refusing to back down in my voice, regardless of my mind urging me to first be concerned, then excited, all depending on Errol's reaction.

"Well," he said, his voice shifting in tone some. He sounded exhausted over the line, more exhausted than he usually did, and that was saying a lot for a man who had to have one of the worst sleep schedules I've ever heard of.

We lived within two completely different schedules, with very little overlap. Errol preferred the nighttime, often starting his work in the evening, whilst I started my day early and ended early. Errol's reasoning behind this was that Hendrix bothered him less at night, and I honestly believed it.

Errol denied it every time I asked, but lately I think he's been moving his schedule around to fit mine. This call came unexpectedly at six in the morning on a Monday, and I'm sorry but I refused to believe this man could wake up before seven even with seventeen alarms going off in the background at the same time.

"Things are a bit set in stone already. The company has been made aware of the change and of course approved it, so now would be a little too late to be unsure." He admitted. "I just- I do think it's time yes." He sounded a bit more confident there. "How much more running in the complete opposite direction can I realistically do? It's time, yes."

I smiled at that, grateful he couldn't see my wild excitement through the line. "Well, depends on whether or not you're a flat earther. I personally believe in the sphere, and if that's the case, with enough running you'll end up right where you started."