16.

Errol

Atlas's home took me by suprise as soon as I pulled into his driveway

Atlas's home took me by suprise as soon as I pulled into his driveway. First off, the drive was even more out of my way than I anticipated. My knowledge of bus routes didn't go past my high school bus route, and judging by how long it took me to get here with a sports car, Atlas had been awfully generous with his estimated ETA.

He was a good twenty-five minutes East of the studio, while I lived West of it. This resulted in me practically passing the studio on my way to him.

I didn't care as much as I thought I would though. At least it guaranteed that Atlas and I would make it there well before ten, and I wouldn't have to wait around for him.

Waiting turned any mood I was in, sour... and it felt like Atlas and I were finally starting to get along. I didn't want to say anything to jeapordize that.

Maybe that's why I'm holding the steering wheel a bit too tight, I thought to myself as I felt my fingers relax against the leather cover.

I was currently waiting on Atlas, only this time it was in the comfort of his long winding driveway.

My eyes glanced at my cars dashboard again. The time was now showing as five past nine.

I had given him a call when I arrived, which was a bit after 8:50am. He told me he was walking out, but I couldn't imagine that would take him fifteen minutes to do. Should I go in? I thought, thinking back to the ten second convo we had earlier. He didn't tell me too... but he also told me he was walking ou-

My mind paused mid thought, allowing the interruption which was Atlas himself, as he finally made his way down the driveway.

He was, as always, impossible to miss. Today he wore these loose light yellow joggers that looked like a worn linen material of some sort. Those were paired with a large long sleeve yellow shirt of similar material. It already had some dark stains on the front, which I assumed was clay or maybe paint. With the breeze of the cool spring air funnelling through the surburban city, Atlas's clothing delicately folded against the wind. As hideous as the yellow was, he looked comfortable. A hand went up to push some of his golden hair back away from his face.

Atlas seemed to be moving quickly, and that's when I noticed his other hand was holding a leash. He was being accompanied, and lead by a furry creature.

My heart immediately skipped a beat, in like a heart attack kind of way. This was, much like everything else this morning, something I was not expecting.

I still managed to pull myself out of the car, shuffling to move across to the other side before Atlas got there.

"Good Morning," He said to me, slowling to stop just as his dog did.

"H-Hey. Good Morning." I replied, darting my eyes back and forth between Atlas and his pet.

"Sorry I'm late, I uh-" Atlas shifted his weight from one foot to the other, taking a small pause as I patiently waiting for his explanation. "I thought Dash would be okay with me leaving on my own, but he really likes the studio and wanted to come and I was just having a tough time leaving him without-"