49.

Errol

I was startled out of deep concentration by a knock on my room's door

There was only about thirty minutes left before everyone would be seated, and the show would begin... What the hell could Hendrix possibly want now?

"Come in!" I called out to whoever was waiting outside my private room. It had to be Hendrix. I had already spoken with my dad a few minutes ago, before he took his seat in the main hall, and that was the only other person who knew where the musicians chambers were. The only other person who even dared to stop by and bug me right before this very important performance. Looking through the mirror I was sitting in front of, opposite to the door, I watched as the knob turned and a head poked through.

"The special guests Hendrix requested be brought to your room first before seated, have arrived." A man who I absolutely did not recognize, spoke. He was wearing the familiar blue attire of staff, so I assumed he must've been working this event.

That didn't stop me from giving him one solid look of bewilderment when those words left his lips. I pushed myself away from the desk and mirror to stand and face him. Not even a second later, two familiar looking guests shuffled passed the staff members head into the cozy fitting room.

First I noticed Nyra, she was wearing a gorgeous long forest green silk dress that hugged the floor and complimented her skin tone so perfectly, I did multiple takes to make sure I wasn't imagining the deep rich color she decided on tonight. Green fit her so well.

Once I saw Atlas file in slowly behind her, I almost slapped myself into the fucking ether like Team Rocket, just to make for damn sure I wasn't imagining him.

Holyfuckinghell.

Words escaped my grasp as soon as they found me- I didn't know where to start. My eyes began to analyze Atlas from head to toe, not caring how intensely I was looking anymore, cause fuck it I was going to burn this memory into my temporal lobe if I had to. From his beautifully styled golden hair cascading down his shoulders, to the black suede shoes that completed the charcoal colored suit, and white undershirt... I'd never seen someone so absolutely stunning before. With those pale blue eyes...

I'd never wanted someone so desperately before.

My eyes trailed over each detail of him again, adoring how somewhat true to nature his look was tonight. The golden yellow hair and tie matched, yet that vest... the black mixed with matte black detailed designs. How subtle, yet elegant.

I was so distracted by Atlas, I barely noticed what Nyra said... but she must've said something because one minute there were three of us, then the next there were only two:

Atlas and I.

And as soon as my starstruck brain finally registered that, I wasted no additional time closing the distance, this time by looping my fingers into Atlas's belt loop below his vest, and pulling him forward. I hadn't even noticed the belt was brown till now, matching Atlas's deep roots. God, he looked incredible.