Is this my teenage dream?? chp. 8

MJ's P.O.V.

Mia crossed her arms on her chest leaning in the wooden fence while intently looking at me which makes me stand awkwardly in front of her. Okay so..we're here outside Hailey's house after she finished cleaning her up, wait..why is she here?

"So.." I said awkwardly smiling at her but I didn't got one back. "You two are..?"

"Cousins." She said.

"Shit.." I cursed under my breath. Cousins?? Wow..what are the odds...their cousins..great.

After some awkward silence  "It's getting late. I think I should g--"

"Girlfriends?" She asked cutting me off.

"Huh?"

"You two are..girlfriends?" She asked

"What? N-no..we're schoolmates."

"Oh..schoolmates now kiss each other for no apparent reason?" she said raising a brow at me.

"She's..drunk and I didn't kiss her."

"But you wanted to, you like her.." She said while I looked down at the floor.

Should I tell her? Of course I shouldn't. I'm no idiot to not know that she likes me, you know? I looked back at her and smiled reassuringly "I dont." What a lie..

This time she slightly smiled at me "Alright,"

"Dont worry, you dont need to be jealous, you know?" I said wanting to tease her again.

She looked at me in desbelief "You are so full of yourself, do you know that? I can't believe you." She said as she walked away from me.

"Hey wait! Dont blush too much, its bad for you!" I yelled after her as she gave me her middle finger making me laugh but she can't hide her smile.

......

I smiled walking down the streets. Mia already told me she'll go to the same school as Hailey does which is my school too. She's so cute when she blushes...Oh wait. Hailey.. she kissed me. Right.. why did she? I mean I liked it but why did she? I guess she's just drunk or maybe..Maybe!! Maybe she kissed me because she likes me? Ughh..stop thinking like that, I know she dont. She's just drunk, people do stupid things when their drunk..and she knows that I like her, am I that ibvious?

When I was walking down the street I saw a light which I guess a car driving fastly but it quickly stopped in front of me and almost bumping me.

"Hey! Maybe watch whe--" I stopped what I was going to say when some poeple got out and to my surprise it was Hailey's friend Jadyn with another 2 girls that I recognize Savannah the captain of the cheerleading squad and Karen her co-captain and some 3 Jocks at my school.

I swallowed the lump in my throat knowing what this is.

Jadyn crossed her arms on her chest then smirk at me. "Did you Have fun with Hailey, you freak!"

She yelled as the 2 girls laughed. I stood there not saying anything and why the hell did she called me freak? "Yeah..You like her right? You creep, always looking at her. So now that your friends with her. Are you happy now??" She said but I still didn't say anything afraid if I said anything she would do something..well I'm not afraid of her but these freaking 3 giant jocks behind me is scaring me. "What?? Aren't you going to say anything?" She said.

I took a deep breath before I looked at her "You do--" I didn't get to finish what I was going to say because I felt two hands harshly pushed me causing me to fall, luckily I supported myself with my hands.