Chapter 35

Hunter paced frantically in the living room of his now deserted home. He wanted blood on his hands. How could one man, one so called professional man allow a little woman slip by him? He was supposed to be the best damn body guard to be heard of in the past decade! The fool. His untimely toilet break allowed Charley to escape him unnoticed. He pulled his thoughts to a halt and concentrated on his telephone call.

"How? HOW could someone that doesn't even know she is being protected manage to escape from your sights?" If Hunter didn't calm down within the next minute, his mobile phone was going to crumble in his hand with the fierce grip he had on it. "Find her. DO NOT come back unless you know of her whereabouts. I'm talking coordinates here. Do I make myself clear?"

Simpson gave a brief "yes sir" before ending the call and chewing his own ass for such a honest but careless mistake which may have cost not only his career but his very high reputation.

Hunter disconnected the call, poured himself a whiskey and began to wear the carpet down further. He had no leads on where she would be, could be, or if she could be staying with anyone. He just wanted her back.

Charley woke tied to the posts of a bed in a strange room. The pain in her neck refrained her from looking around but she could not forget how she came to where she is. Praying it was all just a bad dream didn't make the situation any less real. She held back her sob and cursed herself from fleeing from Hunter. He was where home was. Safety was. She wanted nothing more but to curl into his arms and make everything as it once was.

"About time you woke up. I was getting rather lonely here."

"You sick bastard! Why? Why do this? I have done nothing on you, absolutely nothing!" The dryness in her throat rasped her voice. Paul stood from the chair in her side view and looked down on the helpless blonde bound to his bed. He was going to make her pay for what she did. Once and for all. A little sick torture beforehand surely wouldn't hurt.

"Oh Charley, Charley, Charley. Such naivety from someone so bright. It's dirty little whores like you that think they can sex up others lives and not care who they trample on along the way. Bad girls like you need punishment and I'm a sadistic son of a bitch so I think I'll be your judge and your jury." Paul reached to his belt loop and pulled a camouflage sheath free. It was inside that sheath that made Charleys blood run cold. A sturdy, stainless steel, seven inch knife was produced. It's sharp edge glinted from the sunlight off the small opening on the old dusty curtains.

Charley could have fainted from the sight. She needed to be free from this. For the sake of the baby. She just needed a plan. Distraction. But what for? What use would that do? If she hadn't told Hunter she was leaving, he would be out looking for her. Her rash decision could have just ultimately cost not only her life but her baby's as well.

"Paul, seriously what did I ever do to you to deserve any of this? You tried to break me not once but twice and now again for a third time? What did I ever do to you?"

"You silly little whore. You just don't get it do you?" He flipped the knife between his fingers repeatedly, watching Charley take a gulp in fear. The sadistic son of a bitch was getting off on her reaction. Deciding to push a little further, he ran his finger down the blade, slice his tip and a let a drop of blood roll down his finger to his palm. "It's the dirty sluts like you Charley that break happy homes."

Charleys stomach recoiled at the sight of the blood and his words. "I didn't break your family life Paul. Hunter told me what happened with your father. I can't be at fault for that."

Paul gave off a ruthless, menacing laugh. "Tut tut Charley. I k ow you fucked my father. How did you think I knew what game you played? Where you worked? Who you fucked? I knew where to find you because of him. You fucked him and then went on to fuck others like the tramp you are."