Another Chance IV

Flowers basked their beauty under the rays of sunlight shining towards them. 

The night might be chilly and yet, peaceful. 

Cale took his shawl, covered himself from the cool breeze as he went outside. The fresh air gave him solitude for a walk in the meantime. 

He returned to his original appearance. It's already nighttime, after all. Hardly anyone would come out. 

He couldn't sleep from his disturbing thoughts, Cale still wonders about his family back in the duchy. He wondered to himself if he's still worried about them after all these years? 

Can he not? Just for once? 

He wished he could throw those useless feelings away. But he couldn't. He spent almost all of his time there, wishing for his father to notice him. 

But what did that old coot do? 

Nothing. 

After the death of his beloved redhead mother, things took a turn for his life.

He tried to divert all those hatred at himself, away from his 'family'. He wanted that father of his to give him the attention he wanted. 

But boy did he fucking not. 

All those sacrifices he'd make to gain their attention wasn't even worth it. Was he really that worthless? 

Even his supposed-to-be fiance looked at him as if he's a pawn to use. 

Just what is he to everyone? 

What should Cale do to gain their affections?

Cale tremble at himself for being weak like this. His tears threatened to come out. He hates it. 

He hates being alone the most. Can't they see it? 

"Cale?" a familiar voice called at him. "You good?" Reves asked him in a concerning tone. His real appearance shown, though, hardly anyone would go out this late. 

Cale wipe those useless tears away before the other could notice. "What is it?" trying to sound as normal as possible..

"Cale..." Reves mumbled under his breath as he drew himself closer to the other redhead. Reves sat down just beside his beloved, maintaining a close distance between them. "It's fine if you chose not to talk about it." 

Cale lean his head low, sadness loomed over beneath his eyes. "This is stupid to think about." he puffed a forceful laugh at himself. 

Reves sighed, knowing what the other redhead is feeling, "It is, at the same time, it isn't." he said, "They deserve to be resented and forgotten. But only you knew how they should be dealt with." 

Molten-gold eyes met with reddish-brown ones. "It'll be hypocritic of me to intervene of your wishes, my dear." 

Hearing that, Cale lean onto the alpha's shoulder, "You can, though. You have all my consent to do so." his tone softened when it came to Reves. 

He knew this person wouldn't just leave him behind. 

He knew this alpha wouldn't ever hurt him. He knew, his sacrifice was the proof of his loyalty towards him. 

"Cale..." 

"Reves. If you could read my mind, you would be in tears." Cale said painfully, his eyes glossed with wetness yet he still smiled softly for this man. "I don't want that, Reves..." 

Reves could feel his heart breaking, seeing the pain in his beloved's reddish-brown eyes. Kissing the crown of his head as Reves pulls him closer. "My love, I'm here. I won't leave nor even dare hurt you."