9- Who Is She?

Ryder and Jake were very confused about the new pup. Who is she? Where did she come from? They wanted to know. Perhaps Marshall and Everest met her on their adventure. Who knows?

All they were relieved about is that they got home safe. Even the pup who surprisingly helped them without assumingely being hostile.

Ryder still couldn't believe that Marshall went out on his own to find Everest. But maybe it was for the better good. After all, he met this husky, possibly saved her from being stranded in the icy mountains forever and dying like that.

Marshall woke up with a jolt as he saw his owner.

"Finally, you're awake." The voice of Ryder crossed his ears.

"W-Wh-what happened?"

Then he remembered everything.

He and Everest were walking, no, not alone, with someone. A...pup.... Wait...

"Everest and Crystal!" He exclaimed suddenly.

"Crystal? She must be the new pup we found you with." Ryder muttered.

"Y-yeah. S-She's a new friend of our's. Where's Everest?!" Marshall said, having forgotten all about Crystal when he thought about Everest.

"In another room next to your's. She's completely fine. But...the husky- Crystal, as you said her name was... is a different story."

Then he lost all his concern for Everest, knowing that she's okay, and focused on Crystal. "Is she okay?" Marshall asked.

"That's the problem, we don't know." Ryder said. "You and Everest woke up but the doctor said it would take days for Crystal to wake up because she was in the Arctic longer."

Sensing the Dalmatian's concern for his new friend, Ryder gave him a comforting smile.

"Don't worry, I'm sure she'll be fine. She looks like a tough pup, having surviving in the Arctic for all those years."

Marshall sighed in relief. He wouldn't be able to live with himself if this encounter with the black husky happened to be the fate of her.

No telling if she would leave though.

——

This is a new feeling for Crystal. She has been stranded in the Arctic for years, having never discovered the feeling. Is she dead? No. She felt something else, not death....warmth? Fuzzy memories flooded Crystal's brain.

The two pups ... Marshall and Everest. Two snowstorms and...

Wait... who's touching her from the outside?

Crystal felt strength return to her body as she looked towards the source. It was a girl.

"Oh, you're finally awake. I thought you died. According to my theory, you've been stranded in the Arctic for a while, so you should've died after two days. Correct?"

"Wh..where am I?" Crystal asked weakly.

"Oh, you're in the vet. I'm Belle, and you are?" Belle asked Crystal.

"I... I'm Crystal. And you are correct, Belle." confirmed Crystal.

She found it sort of weird that she was concerned about her fellow husky, Everest, and the annoying dally, Marshall.

"Where are Marshall and Everest?" Crystal asked.

"In other rooms with their owners." Belle replied.

"Oh okay." Crystal felt relieved that the dally and the husky are safe.

End of Chapter 9.