chapter 1- neighbours

John's Pov:

I sat in Wilhelm's car and listened to loud music so as not to have to hear my stepfather yelling about how useless we all were.

Wilhelm, my stepfather was not a nice "father", my sister Harry was the most afraid of him because Wilhelm spent his money on alcohol and came home drunk every night and yelled at my helpless mother, many times I had to intervene and it ended so that he beat me up, my real father had died when I was 4 years old and Wilhelm moved into our house when I was 14.

Because Wilhelm spent his or our money on alcohol, we were so poor. Very poor, we can't screw up our last chance in a new house because last time we were thrown out because of the blood spatters on the wall and the screaming.

I looked out the window, it actually looked nice but I probably wouldn't make any real friends here: In my old school I was consistently beaten up and bullied for my scars and old vintage clothes.

I turned up my music:

I try to laugh about about it, hiding the tears in my eyes

Cause boy's don't cry...

The song fitted pretty well...

20 minutes later we were there and my stepfather ordered me to carry everything into the house.

I nodded sheepishly and got out of the car, it was still summer vacation but school started in two weeks.

There weren't many boxes, because our landlady: Mrs Hudson, had and reports that almost all the furniture in the house was still there. 

So I brought all 19 boxes to our new home, which was quite exhausting because Wilhelm kept yelling at me to speed it up.

After half an hour I had carried all the boxes into the house.

I decided to take my box up the stairs and unpack it there.

My new room was one of the first rooms to have a desk and window.

I started to unpack my clothes, there weren't that many:
7 sweaters, mostly my father's old wool sweaters.
5 jeans, 2 brown, 2 that were very oversized and a jogging bottom.
5 T-shirts that were all very vintage
2 pairs of shoes, one was my old trainers and the other was vintage Adidas Sandbaros
And a couple underwear

I made my bed with my only linens, which were light brown: my mother's old ones.

"Jonny are you fine?" a voice asked me, that of my sister.

I stand up, nodded and closed the door in her face. No actually I wasn't okay, my right arm still hurt because Wilhelm hit me there yesterday and I was a bit dizzy from carrying the whole boxes, but that's normal: Welcome to my life.

(i would skip the song now if anyone is listening to my playlist)

I unpacked a few other things like my books and pencils and then sat on my bed, I put both headphones in my ears and made it played the song: Daddy Issues

I listened to the song until my bedroom door flew open: "John Watson!!! I'VE CALLED YOU 4 TIMES, I SAID GO SHOP!"

I sighed and nodded, "Erm...d-do I get the money for-for the groceries?" I swallowed to hide my shaking voice.

His eyes lit up with anger but handed me 20 pounds.

Sherlock's POV:

"Sherlock would you please go buy some milk?" My mother called me upstairs, I sighed but said yes to her question.

I put on my black Converse and leave the house.

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 I had arrived. Sometimes I calculated the way to my destination.

I had new neighbors, the Watson family, I had no idea who they were but really didn't care.

I was looking for the milk shelf...Ah there 3 meters in front of me.

When there was I saw a boy with sandy blond hair, looking at his cellphone and then trying to get the cheese but failed, I was 80% sure he was my new neighbor because I had never seen him around here.

(i would skip the song now if anyone is listening to my playlist)

He was really pretty. I gave me a mental note: Hide these annoying feelings!

I grabbed a milk bottle and was about to turn and leave, "Erm, sorry, would you be so kind as to give me the cheese?" the boy asked me. He seemed nice and would certainly make a lot of friends.

My eyes widened and I thought if "I would be so kind" I sighed mentally and gave him the cheese and without controlling my brain, I asked:"Irak or Afghanistan?"

"Eh- What?" his face in confuse.

"You're Dad. In which war did he die Irak Afghanistan?"

"Afghanistan" he stuttered quickly, "But how did you know that?"

I started to tell him:"Your Haircut is similar to a military, which means one of you're family members was in the war. was? Yes, you're clothes: old and vintage. From you're Dad- obviously. Means he is dead, I'm sorry for your lost by the way."

The Boys mouth opened to say something but nothing came out, he swallowed:"That was amazing!"

My Face dropped, amazing? People never say that when I observed them:"That's not what people usually say..."

He make a face:"What do people usually say?" He asked.

"Piss of" I said coldly. He chuckled and I had to smile. I didn't know why I did, I just...did.

He stopped laughing and looked into my eyes, smiling.
"You arey new neighbor, by the way." I said, because- I didn't know why.

"Really?! That's- That's nice" he stopped for a moment and looked at his shoes:"I was wondering, if I- If I could have you're number?"

I stared at him for a moment. "Oh, äh you don't have to-" I shook my head:"No, it's fine, here"I typed my number into his cell phone.

"Thank you" he said and smiled at me

"my pleasure."

"I have to go home now, otherwise I'll get in trouble" he said and looked at his shoes again, but smiling

"We live next to each other, if you want I can come with you John"- wait what had I just said? Why was I so kind?

"That would be great. How do you know my name?" he said and laughed, to be honest his laugh was cut-

SHERLOCK HOLMES STOP THINKING THAT!!

"Your cellphone." I smiled, why was i smiling?

John's Pov:

The boy walked me to my front door, I thought he was extremely nice!

"We write?" I asked, holding up my phone.

"Yep" he said and popped the P.

I laughed, "Okay, byee!"

"Good bye."

I turned around until I remembered something: "Oh wait, whats you're name?"

"Sherlock" he said "Sherlock Holmes" and then leave.

I had, or at least hoped, I had a friend: Sherlock.

~