Chapter 9: Moving Out

This chapter is written in Cherryl's point of view.

I, I love you like a love song, baby
I, I love you like a love song, baby (I love you, I love you)
I, I love you like a love song, baby (like a love song, like a love song)
And I keep hitting repeat-peat-peat-peat-peat-peat.

Did I just did what I did not meant to do?

After everything that I've done throughout this life, I proposed to the love of my life, who seem accepting the fate he and I are going to step into.

I admit, that was one of the best moments I ever have — getting married to the love of my life, and hopefully getting a future with him.

But a few weeks ago, he just got here, and told me he was gonna stay until he could bring me to Australia.

But the question is, am I really ready to spare the rest of my life with someone?

"So, how long are you gonna stay here?" I asked, out of curiosity.

"Until I can get you to Australia."

I barely remember him telling me this once he came over to the Philippines to salvage my life and do the unexpected thing — saving me from my adoptive father, who made my life hell from everything existent.

All the bruises have suddenly disappeared through him healing all the bruises I have. I barely even remember everything the moment we rode home. I was very exhausted coming from the arrest of my adopted father to me getting on one knee asking him to marry me.

Were all of these events are just a delusion, or did it really happen?

I snapped myself into the present times where I saw myself facing the mirror, hopefully nothing could see the bruises I had from my chin, applying a foundation on it, though I hissed on the way. I looked over my watch, and it says,

3:46am.

Yup, I woke up early, too early to get into the work, my very last day of work. All I needed to do is to get my final revision for the articles I'm gonna submit to the publisher for a lifestyle and editorial section.

I also remember that it was several months ago since Ethan came here to the Philippines, moving in with me.

Admittedly, I'm gonna miss the colleagues I have, especially Faith, who gave me hopes to take over me as the editor-in-chief of the media company, and I'm delighted that she planned the send-off party that, I, personally, would wish. I was very delighted to see that I will be able to leave the Philippines after weeks and months of processing my VISA in going to Australia.

As for the love of my life, he did not fail me to impress. I fell in love with him harder than the first few years we've been together, and we even celebrated our third anniversary together inside my apartment, which benefited him and I, never leaving each other. I was very exhausted from that, so I accidentally fell asleep on the ride home. Luckily, we were able to not fight even after years of dating.

I shaked my head again, and here I was, walking tiptoe  while trying my best not to disturb him in his sleep. Although that was the thing I planned to do so, I instead kissed him on his forehead and cheeks and went to work.

At work, I would admit that it was rather memorable and emotional. After my shift at work, my colleagues got on their favourite shirts to celebrate my existence as their editor-in-chief. As I said, I will definitely miss everyone else. I even said to them,