Chapter 5: Adventure To Your Heart

This chapter is written in Cherryl's point of view.

"And it feels like I've been rescued
I've been set free, I am hypnotized by your destiny
You are magical, lyrical, beautiful
You are, and I want you to know, baby"

"What you need to do is, get an apartment yourself. I will be the one who will pay for it."

"What?!" I got startled. "You aren't even going to stay here in the Philippines!"

"I already booked a flight towards Cebu, whether you like it or not."

My tears would just burst even more when I heard that he would be travelling 5,777+ kilometers across the world to see me. "Are you sure..."

"I'm risking my life for you, sweetheart. No matter what, I will love you even though life is at risk. I want you to be safe with me, Cherryl. I want to make sure that you are safe with me and not getting abused again. Give me more time, and I will be there in your arms."

That was the only glue in my heart to take note. He is coming in the Philippines just to save me, but how am I supposed to do so? He is coming anytime, and there is no certain time on when will he arrive.

The next two days, it was my rest day. I packed a lot of things to avoid suspicion. Dad was not around the whole day so I thought I could supplicate my best to pack my things up and move out. The pain that he bear is too much, enough for me to move out. With my things up, including my office table and such, I moved into a new apartment near the Mactan Cebu International Airport so that it would easier for my boyfriend to enter. I texted him the new location I'm in to make sure that he could come at anytime.

Meanwhile, I already blocked dad's number. My parents already knew that my adoptive dad where I lived was abusive. Since I can work, they allowed me to move out and here I am. They are very supportive of me moving out, because when I was being given to by him, they thought he was kind. For over seven years of living under his roof, I felt nothing but these abuses that he gave me. Good thing that I broke free, thanks to Ethan's encouragement.

I can finally go back to the work I used to do. I spent overnight to work and supplicate the rest days that I had. Ethan, on the other hand, may still have no work because his application hasn't approved yet, so he has to wait for another time to be approved. With the problems relying on our timezones, with me arriving home at 10pm, that could be 1am in his time, so I only left him a message, telling that I already came home and wished him a good night. He hasn't been online in like eight hours lately.

Where could he have been?

The next day, I woke up at like 3am to prepare for my work. As usual, I did my habits, including texting him, but up until now, his status appeared 'active 13 hours ago'. I never did anything to make him angry, but the only thing we last did together was;

"... so I think that counts for now," he fixed his eyeglasses. "I can't wait to see your face tonight and kiss it."

"Wait, where are you going?"

"To my aunt's house," he cleared his throat while holding his phone and fixing his hair.

"You are so handsome..." I was starstrucked by the fact that he is handsome, even without his glasses on.

"Get to work, sweetheart," he winked.

"It sucks," I grabbed my things from my new apartment, but wondered why he hasn't dropped the call yet. He laughed while looking at me and I was annoyed. "What?!"