Chapter 7: Reassurances and Treasured Moments

This chapter is written in Ethan's point of view.

I apologise I take too much time off from Wattpad. I made this impromptedly at 1am now to update this story.

This chapter also features a song from Elvis Presley, entitled "Can't Help Falling In Love". It is best to listen to that song while following the story or in the time indicated.

-

I, I love you like a love song, baby
I, I love you like a love song, baby (I love you, I love you, like a love song)
And I keep hitting repeat-peat-peat-peat-peat-peat

I've been staying with Cherryl for a week now, and I see that she's getting better and better as time goes on. I was very excited to see her head on my chest everytime we wake up together. This time, I kissed her forehead awake to have herself stir up from the morning rest.

"Let me go back to sleep..." she said. Her cute little snores let me adore her even more.

"It's already morning, love, and you need to get to work." I whispered. She groaned.

"I don't want to make this happen. It reminds me of the long distance days." she complained. I shushed her while watching her rise. I eventually hug her.

"I know, but we have to. Besides, you still have an eight hours of work." I kissed her temple. At that moment, we were sitting in silence. Suddenly, one question just randomly popped in.

"Why does it seem so weird to date someone who is your best friend?" she laughs the loudest, while I stared at her lovingly. "I get it, but when we were still friends, did you see me as a different person?"

"Nope," I let her lay her head on my chest. "I just saw you stunning."

"But seeing me differently as your 'best friend' before makes it weird, given that we took some time off for a nightly call."

"I was bored at that time, that's why I'd rather spend a lot of time with you than taking all of these nonsense," I rebutted. She went silent afterwards, raised her eyebrows in annoyance. I laughed uncontrollably. "What?"

"You're weird seeing me as a different person," she slurred while laying on my chest. "You better get used to this. Once you're mine, no turning back."

"I'd better get used to you complaining every morning," I gave her head rubs. "That's much better than setting ourselves apart. Today's the right time to start our journey together with each other."

"First and foremost, why do you love me?" she asked. Her adorable face made me melt and lose focus on our conversation. "Out of all the people, why me?"

I see the potential on loving this kind of person.

"Ethan, hello??" she waved her hands towards me, which made me get back on the question...

"What is it again?" I asked. Something is definitely wrong with my crappy thoughts.

"Why do you fell in love with me?" she softly asked. While waiting for an answer, I feel her heartbeat, and I see ourselves hugging each other.

And the throwbacks to the first night that we got together flashes back again.

"I fell in love with you not because I used to have feelings for you. I fell in love because I see you as my last hope to make myself happy. You are the reason i've changed from within," I held her hand, interlocking it. "I've only been with you for like a couple of days, but I want this to be forever."