Chapter 7

Y/n's pov.

I watched as Mitsuri left the village. I got special permission to stay another couple days as per Mitsuri's request so I could relax some more.

I strolled along a dirt path when I saw the mist hashira, Tokito Muichiro standing over a kid a with a funky looking mask on.

"Give me the key" The mist hashira said with a stern voice. "No! I'm never giving this up! Never" the small kid cried out. Before I could do anything, Tanjiro came out of the tree line and intervened.

I watched as the mist hashira knocked Tanjiro unconscious. I ran over to him trying to wake him up.

Tanjiro's pov.

I opened my eyes slowly as my vision started to clear. I saw Y/n and the kid, Kotetsu.

"What- Where's that doll?!" I asked a little panicked. "I gave the key to the guy" Kotetsu said in a said voice.

Y/n's pov.

I watched as Tanjiro sat up and his face showed disappointment. His face then turned to determination as he started to look for the mist hashira.

We found him holding on of the swords the doll had. Apparently his sword broke so he just took the dolls. Kotetsu was devastated by this.

We found the doll missing an arm. Kotetsu then turned to Tanjiro. "I want you to fight this doll and become strong" The kid said with determination. "But I thought the doll couldn't be fixed" Tanjiro stated with confusion. "I'll figure that out later. Right now I want you to become so strong you can defeat that guy" Kotetsu was filled with determination. The kid was ready for a fight.

After the next couple days Tanjiro fought the doll and lost every single time. Kotetsu was depriving him from food which made Tanjiro week.

I watched some days and others I just hung out at the hot springs.

One day Tanjiro actually cut the dolls face and the doll head fell off. Revealing a rusted sword. Then out of know where Hagenezuka came. He was shirtless and buff. He just kept saying "I'll take care of it".

I eventually lost interest in the thing and went back to the village to take a nap as it was to early to go to the hot springs.

I woke up to my body aching everywhere. My eyes fluttered open slightly to find myself under some rubble. I pushed the rubble away to find my sword.

I found the blade laying on ground covered in dust. I looked around trying to find the source of the rubble being everywhere.

I walked around and then spotted 2 demons attacking Tanjiro and Nezuko.

I quickly ran over and got a hood slash at one of the demons arms, cutting it clean off. I watched as the demons arms grew back almost instantly. The demon held a staff which then he pressed to the floor and everything around it got electrocuted including me.

I felt my body ache even more as the electricity stopped and I fell to my knees trying to catch my breath.

I the demons hand wrap around my throat as I was lifted into the air. My lungs burned as they begged for air.

I saw on the demons tongue it said Uppermoon 4. That wasn't good.

Then a loud bang shot through my ear drums as the demons head wasn't on its body anymore.

The demons grip on my neck loosened and I fell to my knees grasping for air. I looked up into the roof to see genya holding a gun.

"Don't shoot them or they'll multiply!" Tanjiro yelled out before he was brought into the air by another demon that resembled the other two but it had sharp talons like a bird and wings.

I heard Tanjiro say something to Nezuko but I couldn't make it out as he flew higher and higher away.

There were now 3 that stood there. The green demon held Nezuko down and the blue demon stabbed Genya against a poll.

Genya's head dropped down as his hands fell to his sides. The red demon turned to me as I ran toward genya trying to help him.

I felt more pain as electricity surrounded me. I fell to the ground heaving. I could barely move. My muscles hurt so much. It hurt to breath too.

I looked over and saw Nezuko Knick the green in the face and steal his wind blowing stick and blow him away.

She then started to attack the red demon with the staff. I wanted to help so bad but my limbs felt like jello. I could barely move without feeling immense pain.

My ears rang. I heard genya say something but I couldn't make it out. My vision was blurring. I could see the silhouette of genya go inside a room with the blue demon.

I tried so hard to stay awake but my body wouldn't listen as I felt my vision blur even more as my eyes closed and I fell unconscious.

I woke up under more rubble that hurt my back. I pushed it off and stood up holding my arm as it was bleeding profusely. I looked around and saw Genya holding his gun to a demon but something was off.

I could barely see it form where I was standing but I swear I saw the tips of his hair had changed to yellow.

I saw as Tanjiro place his hand on his shoulder and genya turned to him. I saw his eyes. They had turned into that of a demons. I could also see his fangs.

I gasped but he seemed completely unfazed and instead yelled at Tanjiro about being a hashira or something. I shook off the thought and went back to the real problem with the demons.

Tanjiro told genya to look for the real demon while we distract it's clones. Apparently Tanjiro had great smelling and could smell the demon.

After a couple min of fighting the four demons. They tried to go after genya as I heard gun shots form his shotgun.

We held them off best we could but I heard genya say something about not being able to catch the little demon.

I felt my eyes flutter close as felt my body got weaker. I hadn't realized I lost so much blood from the cut I had on my arm earlier. I fell to the ground with a thud and fell unconscious.