Chapter 5

y/n's pov.

I opened my eyes to see that I wasn't in my room. I sat up and a wet rag fell off my forehead and landed in my lap. I looked around and saw that I was in the butterfly mansion. I was laying on one of the recovery beds. I saw that I still had my demon slayer uniform on but my haori jacket was on the small table next to me.

I quickly slipped out of the bed, I put on my shoes that were laying right next to the bed. I walked through the halls. It was dark I could barely see anything.

I ran into someone but it was to dark to see. I looked up and saw the demon that killed my parents. Then somehow I was back to that day my family died. The demon stood over me. I tried to run but my legs didn't work. I felt a shiver go down my spine as the demon lunged at me.

I woke up drenched in sweat. It was morning and I was back on the recovery bed in the butterfly mansion. I saw the red haired boy was talking to his friends in bed. One of them I recognized from final selection. He was a boy with yellow hair and was crying because he couldn't go see a girl names Nezuko I think. The other boy wore a boar head.

The red haired boy turned to me. "Oh your awake." he said with a kind smile on his face. The boar man went and argued with the yellow haired boy telling him to shut up. "Sorry if we woke you up." He put his hand behind his neck. "we aren't the quietest bunch" he said with a guilty smile on his face. "Its fine" I said rubbing my cheek with my hand.

"Kamado Tanjiro" He held out his hand for me to shake. I accepted his hand "L/n Y/n, but you can just call me y/n" I said with a smile. "well in that case you can just call me Tanjiro" he said putting his hand on his hips. "Guys come introduce yourselves!" He said a little loudly to his friends who blinked at him. The yellow boy got up and walked over. He looked at you then introduced him self nervously "agatsuma Zenitsu. Please marry me!" He begged you. You just looked at him disgusted.

Tanjiro quickly slapped him. "We talked about this!" Tanjiro said to Zenitsu. The boar man the stood up "I  can do that better than you!" Then the boar man proceeded to attack Zenitsu. I just watched confused. "Does this happen often?" I asked Tanjiro. "Sadly yes" he said with a tinge of guilt in his voice.
"The boar mans name is Hashibira inosuke. Just call him by his first name. He doesn't have any proper manners" Tanjiro said before stopping the 2.

I got up and went to ask a Tanjiro a question. "Do you know why I'm in the recovery room by any chance?" He turned to me and simply said "I only heard that you were hear cause you got a fever" he said with a shrug. "Sorry I couldn't be anymore help." He said again scratching the back of his head. "No it's fine" I said to him before I went go look for Aoi.

I put on my shoes and walked around the butterfly mansion. I found Aoi talking with some girls. Instructing them on some rehabilitation training. She turned to me. Her face was firm and calm. "Your awake" she said quickly. "Do you know how I ended up in recovery" I asked politely. "Yeah, shinazugawa genya put your here" I just looked at her confused. "Who's that?" I asked. The last name was Sanemi's last name so are these to related? Sanemi never mentioned a brother before. Though I never really talked to him though.

"He's the tall guy with a Mohawk" she said it as if it was obvious. It was that guy from before that I shared rice balls with. "Why was I brought here though" I asked. "Cause you apparently passed out and you had a high fever" Aoi said. She sounded annoyed like she had better things to do. "Oh ok. Thank you for letting me know." I said and started to walk away. She rolled her eyes and went back to talking with the girls.

The walk back to Mitsuri's wasn't long. I knew she was still out on a mission and she wouldn't be back for another day or so. I decided to just hang out in my room for a bit.

I sat in my bed for about an hour reading my favorite book. The book was about a girl who gets intertwined with magic and meets three hot boys. I placed the book down  and got up from my bed. it was now late in the after noon. I put on my favorite kimono. I walked downstairs and slipped on my favorite shoes. 

I walked out of the house. I wanted to find the boy genya and thank him for taking me to recovery in the butterfly mansion. 

I walked for about 10 min down a rocky path looking for the boy. My h/c hair was tied into a tight bun. I felt the suns heat on my skin. 

Then I saw the tall guy with a mohawk in the distance. He was walking down the pathway towards me. his head was down and he didn't seem to notice me. I walked up to him. "Hey" I said to him. He stopped and looked at me. his eyes widened and his face turned red as he looked away. "oh its you. what do you want" He said with annoyance in his voice.

"I just wanted to say thank you for taking me to recovery" I said with a smile. He itched the back of his head. "Yeah whatever" He said rolling his eyes. "your names Shinazugawa Genya right? My names L/n Y/n, you can call me y/n though." I said putting my hands on my hips. "just call me genya" he said. He was looking down while covering his face. 

"hey you ok?" I asked a little concerned. "I'm fine" He blurted out. "are you sure? Your face is all red" I asked as my curiosity and concern grew. "I told you I'm fine" He yelled out at me. his hands went away from his face. He looked embarrassed and his face was bright red. "sorry" He blurted out as he looked down at me. "its ok" I said with a smile on my face. 

"Look I'm sorry I've been so rude to you" He blurted out with a guilty tone in his voice. "I forgive you" I said with a smile on my face. "R-really?" He asked with a stutter in his voice. "Of course" I said with my hands on my hips. 

"do you want to go back to mitsuri's and hang out in her garden with me?" I asked him with a smile. "Are you sure its ok?" He asked. His face wasn't as red anymore but his cheeks were still a little flushed. "of course it is. Come on!" I said that with a smile. I grabbed his hand and started walking to Mitsuri's house. He was walking behind me. I couldn't see his face as we walked.

Genya's pov.

y/n held my hand as we walked. I felt my face get hot as we walked. I could feel her hand in mine. Her hands were small and calloused.

We finally made it to the house and y/n led me inside. We walked to the back of the house and walked out the back door. There were flowers and a wisteria tree with a bench next to it.

She led me to one of the patch of flowers and sat down. I sat down as well so I didn't seem rude. She started to pluck flowers and intertwine them. 

after a couple min of sitting there watching her work she had made a flower crown. She scooted over and  placed the flower crown upon my head. I felt my face turn hot again. She then giggled "its cute when your all flustered" she sat that with a couple more giggles. "thanks" I mumbled out. She giggled again.

The flower crown had ruffled my hair slightly. We sat there and talked for hours till the sun went down.

y/n yawned and then rubbed her eyes. "I should probably go to bed" She said with a smile on her face. "yeah I should get going now" I said calmly. "alright. I'll walk you out." She had said as we walked back into the house to the front door. I stepped outside and waved slightly. "I guess i'll see you later" I said to her. "I'll see you later" She said with a smile before she waved and closed the door.

y/n's pov. 

I felt so hot all the sudden. What was this feeling I felt? I started walking up the stairs. I put on my nightime kimono and went to bed. I closed my eyes and quickly drifted to sleep.