Chapter 4

Y/n pov.

"Y/n, may I come in?" I woke up from my sleep to hear a familiar voice. I got up slowly. Slouching towards the door as I walked. I opened the door to find Mitsuri standing there.

"Hello?" I said groggily at mitsuri. "Good morning, y/n" mitsuri said cheerfully. "I just wanted to to let you know I'm going on a mission for a couple days. I just wanted to let you know so you weren't worried." Mitsuri said with a smile on her face. "Thank you for letting me know" I said while wiping my eyes. "Your welcome. Alright I'm off now, goodbye Y/n!" She said before heading downstairs and leaving the house. I heard the door click down stairs "goodbye I guess" I said even though no one was there. I was to awake now I couldn't go to sleep.

I slipped on my demon slayer uniform as it was easy to move in. I decided to leave my hair down instead of put it in it's usual braid. I walked down stairs to the kitchen. I made some rice balls and packed them in a little pouch I had for a picnic later. I walked to the front door  to go and enjoy the day.

I walked along a rocky road. I found a nice looking patch of grass with a wisteria tree. I sat under the wisteria for shade. I got my rice balls and started eating.

Genya's pov.

I walked down a rocky path. I wanted to do more training but Master Himejima asked me to get some things from the market. I walked past a wisteria tree and sat down.

"Ugh I hate running errands." I groaned out. Then I heard a rustling behind me on the other side of the tree. I whipped around and to see who was behind the tree. It was that girl and she was eating rice balls.

Y/n's pov.

I saw the boy come around the tree he looked at me he was visibly annoyed. His face red. I couldn't tell if he was embarrassed or angry. "Want a rice ball?" I asked kindly. I held up a rice ball to him. He looked at it then looked at me. "No thanks" he said. He was annoyed I could see it on his face. "You sure you don't want some? I made extra!" I smiled at him. He sighed and took the rice ball. He took a bite and I saw his eyes light up slightly before he turned away.

He stood there for another couple min before I broke the silence. "Hey you wanna sit down next to me?" I asked him while his back was still turned to me. "No I'm fine" he blurted out while still turned away.

I sat there and ate some more while just stood there turned away the entire time. " what another one?" I asked him as I stood up. "N-No thank you" genya said with a stutter in his voice. "Are you sure? I still have extra if you want the rest" I said while holding the box. "Ugh fine I'll take them! Just leave me alone!" He turned around grabbed the box of rice balls and stomped away. Stood there a little shocked before I shrugged it off and went back to sitting by the tree for some relaxation.

I somehow fell asleep cause when I woke up it was sunset. I yawned and stretched. I got up and started walking back to Mitsuri's house. I felt so tired for some reason. I felt like I was going to pass out. I felt really hot too. I walked down the rocky path for what felt like hours.

I suddenly felt my legs weaken under me and I fell forward I didn't have any strength in my muscles. I get like jello as fell. It felt like time slowed as I fell. Then felt someone's hands on my shoulders. Someone stopped me from falling. "Hey" I heard someone with a familiar voice yell. I felt myself losing consciousness slowly. "Hey what are you-" his voice cut off as I fell unconscious.

Genya's pov.

What the?! Did she just pass out? I picked her up and hung her over my shoulder and walked to the butterfly mansion.

I walked inside and found Aoi who was helping someone with rehabilitation. It was the red haired guy from before. The one that broke my arm. Aoi spotted me and walked over. "Why are you holding a girl?" Aoi asked with a firm voice. "She passed out in the road and I didn't know what to do. So I carried her here" I said with annoyance. It wasn't that the girl was heavy. She actually pretty light for an unconscious girl. "Just bring her inside and put her on one of the beds I'll check up on her in a min." Aoi said with a firm voice before she walked back to the red haired boy and scolded at him for not doing something properly.

I walked inside and placed the girl onto one of the recovery beds and looked at her for a moment. I felt my face get hot as I looked at her face. I turned away quickly and tried my best to get rid of the blush that I knew appeared on my face.

I heard footsteps behind me and Aoi had arrived to look at the girl. She walked up and felt her head with her hand. "She seems to have a high fever. Do you know what she was doing today?" Aoi said without looking at me and continued to examine the girl. "I came across her eating some rice balls around the middle of the day." I said a little bored. Aoi hummed for a second before talking again "She seems to have a fever from being in the sun to long. She should fully recover within a day." She said firmly before placing a wet cold towel upon her head then leaving to go and continue her rehabilitation with the red haired boy and his comrades.

I looked at the girl once more. She was actually very pretty. My face become hot again and I shook it off. I walked away to leave the butterfly mansion to head back to Gyomei's.