Chapter 1

Y/n's pov.

I sat on my bed getting ready to head into town. I slipped on my favorite kimono.

The kimono was a periwinkle color that faded into white at the bottom. It wasn't anything fancy but it was my favorite.

After I slipped the kimono on I quickly put my hair into a tight bun and headed down stairs.

My mother was busy making some rice and chicken for lunch while my father played with my little brother, kaito, and my little sister, Aki.

I watched as they flopped on top of mine and theirs father. I giggled slightly before walking to the front door. I slipped on my shoes and yelled back "I'm going to the village to buy some stuff, I'll be back soon!". "Can you also buy some more rice, while your out please?" The sound of my mothers voice echoed through the house. "I will mother! Good bye" I hollered back. "Good bye, sweetie!" I heard my mother say before I opened the door and stepped outside.

It was noon and the sun was at its peek. The sun beamed above. It's hot rays shining upon my fair and soft skin making feel warm.

I walked for 10 min then saw the village up ahead. There were people walking around. I didn't realize the village square was so busy today. It didn't matter I only need to get a couple things then head back.

(Time skip)

It took way to long to get everything. The streets were crowded so it was hard to get what I needed. By the time I had collected everything it was already sunset.

When I got to my front door the sun had set over the horizon and it was now dark. The moon shown over head, illuminating the area.

I opened the door. The strong scent of blood filled the air. I ran to the kitchen. I saw blood everywhere as my father lay on the ground holding my siblings while they all lay dead. My heart was thumping in my chest. I felt tears run down my cheeks. "F-father! Kaito! Aki!" I put my hand to my mouth and gasped. I cried hard for what felt like hours.

I suddenly heard footsteps behind me. There stood my mother but something was off. It was hard to see in the dark room. "Mother?!" I cried out. "What happened?! Who did this?!" I cried, still kneeling down next to my father and my siblings. My mother made some growling sounds before she lunged at me. I held her face back best I could. She had fangs and her pupils were slits. Why was she acting so aggressive all the sudden. She was never like this.

I screamed as I successfully pushed her off. I stood up quickly then ran out the door. I ran for what felt like hours. My heart was beating and I was terrified. My feet hurt from running on rocky ground. I hadn't put on any shoes I was to panicked.

I looked behind me while running and tripped on a root. I fell on my face. I had twisted my ankle badly. I saw my mother run at me. Her mouth hung open. Revealing her sharp fangs. She lunged at me. I closed my eyes.

I let my eyes stay closed for what felt like forever. Nothing hit me or anything. Am I dead? I slowly opened my eyes to see a girl. She had pink hair that were in three braids with green at the tips. She wore this button up uniform that was open down the front. She wore a white haori jacket over it all and She held some kind of whip like sword that was pink.

My mothers head lay on the ground as her body turned to ash. The girl turned towards me. "Oh dear! Are you okay, miss?" She had a concerned tone in her voice as she sheathed her sword. "W-what happened to my mother?!" I stutter out. She held out her hand. I accepted it and stood up. I was dripping with sweat and face was covered in tears.

"She became a demon. I had to slay her or else she would hurt more innocents. I'm sorry for your loss" her voice was soft and pure. I could sense the concern in when she spoke. "Do you have any other family members you can stay with?" She spoke with a concerned but also curious look on her face. "No" I mumbled. I was so shaken up form the experience I didn't know what else to say. "Oh no!" She said covering her mouth with her hands. She thought for a moment before putting her hands on my shoulders. "Why don't you live with me then! You don't have to accept-" "Yes! Please!" I had interrupted her but she didn't seem to notice. "Well then it's settled. Your coming with me. My names kanroji Mitsuri! But please call me Mitsuri!