Chapter 2

Y/n's pov.

I woke up to Mitsuri opening my door. "Y/n! You need to get ready and head to final selection! You remember it's today, right?" She asked me. I groaned and then sat up. "I'll get ready" I said groggily. Mitsuri walked away and closed the door.

I got up and grabbed a kimono I usually trained in. It was a baby pink color with white stripes all the way up. I grabbed the spare Nichirin sword Mitsuri gave to me for training. I latched the sword to my belt then headed down stairs.

I got to the kitchen to find Mitsuri had made me a food to bring with me for final selection. "Her take this with you too. It's a little treat that's a favorite of mine." She handed me a small box. I opened it up to find sakura mochi's. "Thank you, Mitsuri. I will certainly eat these" I smiled at her before putting them in a small bag I had strapped to my side.

"Alright! I'm off to final selection!" I told Mitsuri with a confident smile. "Be careful and good luck!" She told me holding my hands in hers. Her grip was soft but firm. I could fell her calloused hands on mine. "Don't worry I'll make it back safe" I reassured her. "I have to go or I won't make it it time. Goodbye!" I waved to her as I ran out the door. I heard her say goodbye as I got farther away from the house.

(Time skip)

I made it to a mountain that was covered in wisteria. I walked up the steps to find around 20 people here. I didn't really think much of it.

I looked to the front and saw 2 twin girls. One with white hair and one with black hair. The girls then spoke in unison. "Everyone. We thank you for coming tonight" I looked at the girls.

The talked further about how you just have to survive the week and how demons were trapped behind the wisteria.

The test started and I bolted into the forest of wisteria. It had become night so the demons were active. I came across a demon with pale green skin and yellow hair. "You look like a delicious snack" the demon licked its lips before charging at me. I unsheathed my blade. "First form: Shivers of first love" I whispered before slashing at the demon and cutting his head off. I saw it flop to floor and watched as the demon turned to ash.

(Time skip)

The week of surviving in those woods had ended. I walked back to area I had started out at the beginning of the week. There were only five of us left. I recognized one of them. It was kanao, she was distracted with a butterfly on her finger.

I saw a crow fly down to me. Mitsuri told me I would get one. I held out my arm for it perch upon.

I saw a guy walk passed me. He had a Mohawk and a scar that went across his face. He grabbed the white haired girls hair. "I want my sword now!" He yelled at the girl.

I saw a boy with dark maroon colored hair walk up to him and grab his wrist. "Let her go" The red haired boy said. "Who the hell are you?" The boy with the Mohawk said. I wanted to interfere and stop the 2 but it felt wrong to do so.

"Let's see you try" the Mohawk guy had said with annoyance in his voice. The red haired boy squeezed and broke the guys wrist.

The black haired girl then spoke in bored tone "Are you done chatting?". The black haired girl took a red cloth off of a table to reveal ore. "Now then, please choose an ore" the black haired girl said.

The red haired boy picked one then walked away. I went up and picked one. I looked at it for a moment then started my long trek back to mitsuri's place.