Chapter 28 - A Solution?

The next day we got the adoptions finalized. Sam chose the powers of destruction from me, complementing Jamie's powers of creation. The two became the perfect team, working together seamlessly with their powers and skills.

Nolan chose the power to sense someone's magical strength and potential. Kola chose to don a pair of pitch-black wings. She loved the idea of flying and was ecstatic to try it. Nolan wanted to be able to better protect the people he loved, and knowing who could be a magical threat was important. He could train to recognize a physical threat, but magic was a league of its own. They got rooms in the team's quarters, just like Jamie and Sam already had.

Loki asked to create a new division of our army for magic users, and I agreed. It was a small team, smaller than Connor's Shadows, but they were powerful enough to defeat an army with ease. It was impressive and I couldn't believe I hadn't thought of it sooner.

Loki and I dated for another year before getting married. He became King of the Universe as well, though he was mainly the diplomatic one who dealt with politics, as I preferred to be blunt. Being blunt isn't always the best for politics and such.

Kola grew into a beautiful young lady over the next eight and a half years, easily becoming the most sought-after woman in the palace with her long, golden hair and striking purple eyes. She had a boyfriend, who treated her with respect and loved her for who she was and not just her beauty. She excelled in magic with Loki as a mentor, and on her fifteenth birthday, she earned her staff and designed her fighting and formal sorceress's outfits.

They were elegant, much like she had grown to be. Her staff was made of black ebony with golden accents with a black stone on the top which would swirl with golden magic when she cast spells. The wood swirled around it to bind it to the staff. Her clothes were black and gold as well. Mainly black with golden accents. They made her look regal, elegant, and fierce all at once.

Nolan had also grown into a young man and had gotten married to a lovely young woman named Charlotte, who went by Charlie. He finished his training as an advisor and was great at it. He fought almost as well as John, which was saying something, and he usually wore the armor that Loki had made for him while working, as it grew with him.

I had to choose an heir, and when I talked to Jamie and Sam about it, they took one glance at each other and asked if they could rule together. I had smiled and nodded, glad that they wouldn't be fighting over the position. They began their training to be the rulers and each excelled in a separate area. Jamie was wonderful at politics and domestic matters while Sam was great with military strategies and tactics. They decided to share the responsibilities, like I did with Loki. They would be great rulers when Loki and I retired.

Despite things settling down, we still searched for a way to bring our family back. We had searched through all the books in Chronos's personal library as well as any others that might help us. We found nothing. We were about to give up when I sensed the mortals working on something... something big. We had visited them every two weeks in the past ten years and had gotten to know them well. No one came every time except for Thor, Loki, and me. Tony stopped coming after an argument with Steve, but I stayed in contact with him.

I teleported straight from my office to the common room, where I knew I could find my family. "Alright, suit up," I announced.

"Where are we headed, Perce?" Will asked.

I smiled. "Terra. I think the mortals have an idea for how to get them back."

"All of us?" John asked.

"No, I need some of you to stay here. I will only need Nico, Will, Bianca, Loki, Gamora, Silena, Beck, Leo, Jack, and Ethan," I said. "While we are gone, Luke is in charge."