Ch.3: Food Court Shootout

Jason and Frank decided that, if they were going to get some answers, they needed to find Brad. The two used an elevator that was on the roof to go back into the mall.

When they exit the elevator, they find themselves in a warehouse. They make their way through the warehouse and find a door that reads "Paradise Plaza".

Just before Jason opens the door, the two hear footsteps approaching them.

Frank: Zombies huh? Had a feeling you'd show up.

Frank grabs a nearby fire extinguisher and prepares to hit the zombie that's approaching. Jason pulls out his pistol and gets ready to shoot.

The footsteps are right next to them and Frank jumps out to hit what he thought was a zombie. Instead it was just Jessie who had fallen over, startled by Frank.

Jessie was also carrying a gun with her, which she was pointing at Frank due to her being startled.

Frank: God, it's you! Look, don't sneak up on me.

Frank helps her up.

Jessie: Brad was attacked. I located him on the monitor.

Jessie goes to take a step, but she stumbles a bit and winces in pain. Jason looks at her ankle and sees that it's a bit swollen.

Jason: Looks like you sprained your ankle.

Jessie tries to keep walking.

Jessie: I've gotta help Brad...or he's done for!

Frank: Alright, fine...gimme your gun. C'mon, I'm the reason you just got hurt. Let me help.

Jessie: No! I can't let a civilian do that. That's against regulations.

Jason: Yeah...well, I don't think they had zombie infested malls in mind when they wrote those regulations.

Jessie looks at Jason then looks back to Frank.

Jessie: Do you know how to use this?

Frank: Kinda. I've covered wars, you know.

Jessie hesitates for a moment, but eventually hands her gun to Frank. Frank takes the pistol and turns the safety, which was previously on, off and puts it away.

Frank: Look, after we're through helping you...you and I, are gonna have a nice little chat.

Before they leave, Jessie tells them that Brad was attacked in the Food Court. Jason and Frank enter the Paradise Plaza and see that there aren't any zombies around.

Jason: I guess they haven't made it this far yet.

Frank: Yeah. Remember the barrier that was down in the Entrance Plaza.

Jason: You're right. Well that makes getting to Brad a bit easier.

The two make their way through the empty mall and eventually find their way to a huge park in the center of the mall.

As they walk through the park, they see a sign off on the distance that reads "Food Court". The two make their way there.

When they get to the entrance of the Food Court, they enter through the doors and Frank starts to look around. When suddenly, gunfire is heard and Frank and Jason both run for cover. Jason peeks out of cover to see that the man they had met on the roof when they arrived, was shooting at them with a machine gun. The man takes another shot at Jason, making him go back into cover.

Frank looks over and sees Brad shooting back at the man. Brad notices them and just shakes his head. Both Jason and Frank rush over to where Brad is and pull out their guns.