Ch.16: Escaping The Mall (Finale)

Jason POV

I felt myself being shaken awake. I opened my eyes to see Frank and Isabella.

Isabella: It's ready.

Jason:... Alright. Then let's get the hell out of here.

With that, we left the hideout, and made our way to the clock tower. When we got outside, the sun was up. Maybe around mid morning. She wasn't lying when she said it'd take a while to make that perfume.

We got to the tower, and Frank and Isabella had the same reaction I had when I first saw the zombie filled tunnel.

Isabella: My God... There are so many... Where could this possibly lead?

Jason: No idea. But, considering how many keep pouring out of here, it must be connected to something.

I turned to see Isabella looking like she was second guessing this whole plan.

Jason: Isabella, look... Any other way out of here is guarded by the military.

Frank: Jason's right. If we're gonna get out of here and put a stop to Carlito's plan, we've got to go in there. It's the only way. Besides, it's not like we're unarmed. We've got these guns from the lockers, and your smelly perfume, don't we?

Isabella still looked unsure of this, and Frank placed a hand on her shoulder.

Frank: I wouldn't be alive right now if your shot hadn't worked... The perfume's gonna work too. I know it.

Isabella looked down at the perfume bottle, and nodded.

Isabella: Alright, let's go.

Frank: Yeah.

I checked to make sure my SMG is good to go while Frank checked his rifle.

Jason: Ready for this?

Frank: Ready as I'll ever be. And who knows, we may not even need these.

Jason: Here's hoping.

The three of us jumped down into the tunnel, and Isabella sprayed the perfume around us, and to our surprise, it worked. The zombies didn't just not attack us, they backed away from us. Strange, they must smell something from this that we don't, because it actually smells quite nice. Minus the smell of rotting flesh, of course.

We made our way through the tunnel, while the zombies parted for us. There were a few that weren't as affected by the perfume as the others, but Frank and I dealt with them swiftly.

Now we've been walking through this tunnel for a while, and the perfume's effects were beginning to fade. We managed to get pretty deep, and found some metal gates blocking the exit. But what caught my attention were the remaining special forces soldiers guarding the exit.

Jason: Damnit! They're here too.

Isabella: You still think this was a good idea?

I looked around and noticed a lever that controlled the gate. And a military jeep next to the special forces.

Jason: If we can get that gate open, they'll be too busy dealing with all the zombies to deal with us. Once that gate's open, we book it for the jeep.

Frank and Isabella nodded, and we rushed to the lever. After flipping the lever, and opening the gate, it was soon followed by the sounds of gunfire, and screaming.

Wasting no time, we were able to slip past the special forces, and load into the jeep. Frank was driving, Isabella was in the passenger seat, and I was on the mounted machine gun. There was only one direction to go, so that's where we went.