fifteen

sim jaeyun

"jake, are we still going out today?" you bring up the question to your boyfriend who's currently getting ready, gazing outside the window to see the sky looking a tad bit grim.

"of course. we usually go out today, don't we?" jake relays the query back in your hands, grabbing his jacket from the couch. "are you worried because of the weather?"

the two of you would usually go to a nearby park, using the spare time as a means of catching up with each other's lives and simply spending time with each other amidst the hectic schedules you'll both have to return to the next day.

"a little?" you purse your lips, "it looks like the sky's going to cry any minute now.

"and who says a little drizzle should stop our plans?" he proposes with a soft chuckle that contrasts the harsh clouds that line up above. "come on, babe. there's nothing to worry about when i'm here, hm?"

he was right on that. you find the fear peeking over your shoulder reeling back into the furthest depths of your mind.

"okay." you breathe out, a gentle smile gracing your lips. "let's go." you add, slinging the strap of your bag over your shoulders.

jake makes his way to your side, instinctively reaching out for your hand and intertwining his fingers with yours. warmth never fails to blossom within you whenever he does the simplest of things, knowing he means every gesture he makes.

the two of you start going about your routine, passing through a few of the stores down the street, using the time to briefly window shop with the occasional pause every time something catches your eye.

despite the many unplanned stops, you both end up in a nearby park, enjoying the nature surrounding the area.

it was then you felt a droplet of water graze your skin, then another, and another, until the rain you were worried about was turning into reality.

your shocked face meets jake's, a childish laugh leaving his lips. "oh god, we didn't bring an umbrella even when we knew it was going to rain!"

"we're going to get sick." you remind him with a pout, lightly tugging on his arm to leave the park with haste, but your boyfriend remains in place.

"when would we ever get to experience something like this though?" he asks, the drizzle of the rain littering his face with more clear droplets; your own face in the same situation.

"what are you? trying to be romantic in the middle of the storm?» you giggle out, worry replaced with pure amusement and fondness for the boy in front of you.

"so what if i am?" jake wiggles his brows in a teasing-like manner, following your display of playfulness. he pulls you in closer by the waist, not caring about the damp clothes you were both soaked in.

"that would be cute, but we need to get home before we get sick". you whisper before kissing him once, under the rain as if it was the most natural course of action to him.