one

lee heeseung

"hi baby." i greeted heesung as i walked into our shared apartment. i spotted him sitting on the couch, scribbling down things on his notebook. i made my way over to him and pecked his cheek, a gesture that he returned. i sat down beside him. i noticed he was wearing a hoodie with the hood on, despite it being quite warm outside. i shrugged it off. 

"whatchya doing?" i asked.
"trying to write some lyrics." he replied, running a hand through his thick, black hair.
"do you need something? a drink?" i offered.
"a coffee would be nice, thank you." he gave me a gentle smile before going back to work.
i pushed myself up and made my way to the kitchen.
after i finished preparing his coffee, i walked back into the living room and sat the cup down beside his notebook.

"thank you, angel." he let out a relieved sigh as he adjusted the hood on his head, before reaching over to grab the cup of coffee.
i stopped him.
smile dropping from my face, i pulled down the hood off his head. i felt my heart stop as i noticed a fading, dark bruise on his neck.
"what the fuck is this?" i questioned. despite my attempt at speaking in a stern voice, my voice failed, cracking towards the end of my sentence.

"what are you talking about?" he tried to act clueless.
"this, heesung. don't fuck with me." anger began flooding my sanity as i stared dead into his eyes. he looked down at his neck, before raising his head to face me again.
"oh. my stylist accidentally burned my neck with a straightener." he tried to shrug off the topic, reaching for the cup of coffee once again. does he think this is a joke?

i grabbed his attention once again.
"i know what a hickey looks like, heesung. and i know for a fact i'm not the one who did it." my eyes began to glisten with tears as i searched heesung's eyes for any sort of explanation,
but i found nothing.
"please. please explain or i'm going to walk out that door and never see you again." i begged. heesung looked at me, his eyes softening at my breaking figure.

"i tried to push her off, y/n." he gently spoke, lowering his head in shame.
the more i stayed here, the more i felt suffocated.
"i'm sorry." he said.
i shook my head, a tear escaping my eye as i stood up, feeling my knees weaken.
i was about to grab my keys and leave, before i felt heesung's arms firmly pull me in a back hug, preventing me from moving any further.
"let me go." i cried, trying to shuffle my way out, but it was no use.

"baby, i'm so sorry. i didn't know you would actually believe me."
i froze. "what are you talking about?"
heesung spun me around. he made me watch as  he lightly rubbed the hickey on his neck. my jaw dropped as i watched him wipe it off completely.
it was makeup.
and he was fucking lying.
i began to punch his chest while speaking profanities. heesung chuckled, not seeming affected one bit by my punches.

"you fucking idiot. i thought you were being serious." i sniffed as i wiped the tears in the corner of my eyes.
heesung said nothing but hugged me once again, tightly. he rested his head on top of mine. "promise me you'll never do that to me again." I spoke into his shoulder, hugging him back.

"i promise."