eight

lee heeseung

"you sure you don't wanna go back to the dorms tonight?" you mumble, the affection of your boyfriend shown with the hand on your waist and the kiss on your temple. as you bid farewell to the boys piling into the two cars lined up for them, ni-ki shoots the two of you one last deafening bye! before slipping into the car, remnants of their presence leaving with the screech of tires.

heeseung shakes his head against your hair, interlocking your fingers as he brought you upstairs. he knew your apartment complex like the back of his hand, memorising the convenience store in the facility along with other amenities. he pulls your sleepy figure through the area, winding through the circle of the swimming pool as well as other smaller corridors before you finally reach the lift.

"why don't you wanna go back?" you ask after a satisfying shower, feeling more energised than you were just now as you towel dried your hair. the boys who came over for dinner were nice to clean up the dining table, with jungwon and jake even offering to clean the dishes. heeseung was quick to say yes with the promise of treating them to dinner next time, even prompting them to ignore your frantic, flustered hands.

"and why did you ask them to wash the dishes?" you pout, walking over to where he sat on the bed. heeseung laughs, hands finding its home around your waist where he pulls you to his chest. from there, he hauls you onto his lap as he lies down, a content sigh leaving his lips when he finds you're comfortably fitted onto his pelvis.

"lazy." was his answer to both questions, enjoying the way the sheets felt on your bare legs due to the shower. heeseung was warm, too, in contrast with the fabric below you. the other sits up, allowing your arms to go around his neck before you gently tug him into a hug before the noises finally come to a stop. the rustle of the sheets subside, heeseung's breathing turns silent, the shuffle of footsteps downstairs appear non-existent.

you can feel heeseung's hum through your body, seemingly reverberating through your bones and the monotonous tone of it causes you to unwind from the busy night. "thought you'd say that".

the other makes a noise of agreement, lips slowly and surely leaving a trail of kisses along your jaw. it's light, feathery, mirroring how you feel, and the natural turn of his head has you needing to break away from the embrace. you want to take back the quietness of the night, now, only being able to hear your heartbeat in your ears as heeseung stares up at you with the softest gaze that night. he's unrelenting, holding the stare with your eyes which shone with moonlight on the high floor you stayed on.

"should thank me..." your lover speaks in broken sentences, "now we can happily cuddle without worrying cleaning up tomorrow."

you roll your eyes affectionately, "sometimes i'm glad i'm a germaphobe. wouldn't want to keep food and dirty bowls outside overnight. you however..." a gentle laugh escapes his throat.

i'm not that bad," heeseung frowns with faux sadness, "i just couldn't wait to have you in my arms for the night. i love the members but i want alone time too, baby." the confession makes your heart fly, a small smile slowly making its way onto your face. "i think i want it too much, don't ya think?".

your heart jumps a hundred stories higher when heeseung leans in to stop at your ear, with hot breath that makes your skin burn a thousand times worse, "maybe you should just marry me." your hand tenses up at the back of his nape, your thighs tense, you're suddenly frozen in your spot.

"h-huh?" heeseung only snorts at your reaction and relishes in the way your jaw hangs open, stupefied. he grins at you.

"i meant what i said, wifey," you have no time to process your shock before he takes your lips with his in a rush to feel you close to him, moving unhurriedly in order to enjoy and savour every last bit of you. you hum, wiggling your body to nestle it tighter with his as all worries leave your mind, with the same sentence repeating like a broken record.

the room echoes with your giggles and laughter after, wrapping the both of you up like a comfortable blanket full of love for each other. heeseung whispers the same words again, omitting the first four and saying out the ones commonly written in movie scripts and proposal videos. marry me. marry me. he can't decide whether he wants you to hear it or not, but he does it with full intent when your breath evens out and all he can hear are wedding chimes and cheers of your family members.

heeseung falls asleep with a sweet dream that night, of you and him sharing your first dance, and a newfound desire to make it come true.