Get out of there

AMINA

I wake up to the sound of Dax's breathing next to me. His arm is draped over my waist, and his fingers are running through my hair.

I turn my head slightly and open my eyes. Dax stops moving his fingers through my hair and looks at me. I can see the surprise in his eyes as he realizes I'm awake. But I don't want him to stop. I want to feel his touch for just a little bit longer.

So I reach up and take his hand, placing it back on my head. He looks at me again as if he can't quite believe what's happening, but he doesn't say anything. He just starts running his fingers through my hair again.

"Hi." I say softly.

He doesn't answer me, but I can see the amusement in his eyes.

I can't help the way I feel. There's something about him that draws me to him, something that makes me feel alive.

I close my eyes and let myself relax into his touch. I know that eventually, I'll have to face the reality of what I'm doing.

I lean in and kiss him passionately. He kisses me back, pulling my body closer to his.

"I want to ask you something." I say to him.

"You always do." He answers.

"I want a burner phone."

Dax looks at me confused.

"Why?" He asks.

"There's someone I need to talk to. I need her to know I'm okay." I explain.

Dax stares at me intensely.

"Please, Dax.  I would never betray you or leave you, but please."

He sighs and gets up.

I sit up on the bed anxiously waits for Dax, and he finally returns with the phone.

"I'll be outside the door." He says.

I get and pull him into a kiss. He kisses me back and then looks down at me like he wants to tell me something.

"Don't be long." He says to me instead and walks out.

I look down at the burner phone and dial Liv's number. I pressed the phone to my ear and anxiously waited.

"Hello Olivia Carter, speaking."

"Liv. It's Amina." I say feeling relieved.

"Amina. Are you okay? Where have you been? Wait, did the police pick you up?"

"I'm okay. I just wanted to call you to let you know I'm safe."  I answer.

"I don't understand. Amina, where are you?" She asks anxiously.

"I don't know, but I'm safe." I tell her while pacing.

"You're with Dax?"

"Yes."

There was silence for a long time.

"Liv. Why did you think I was calling from a police station?" I ask her.

Silence.

"Olivia."

"I'm sorry. I was just trying to help." She says.

"What are you talking about?" I ask firmly.

"You have to get out of there now, Amina."

"Liv, what are you talking about? What's going to happen if I don't?" I ask loudly.