ʀᴜɴ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ɢɪʀʟ ʀᴜɴ

AMINA

I walked out of the room, and Lewis was there waiting for me.

"What the hell was that?" He asked angrily.

"Nothing." I answered.

I didn't know what that was either. Dax was so close to me.

"I have some news." Lewis said.

"What's the news?" I ask as we walk side by side.

"Dax is being transferred tomorrow."

I froze. "To where?" I asked.

"It's this place out north. Really high end and private."

"What about his sessions with me?" I asked.

"They have their own therapist up there." He explained.

"So that's it I'm fired?"

"Not exactly. They said they were interested in you transferring up there." Lewis said to me. "Two to three sessions a week."

I sighed and tucked my hands in my coat pockets. "I'll think about it."

"Well, let me know if you're interested."

I nodded and turned to walk out.

I didn't know if I should take the job. It was really far from where I lived. It's not me that was the problem it was my husband. I would have to be away from him for half a week, and I knew he'd make me pay for it. I trapped my staring wheel nervously.

When I finally got home, I took a deep breath before entering.

"What the hell is all this?!" Anthony yelled as soon as I walked through the door.

Shit. He found my files on Dax.

"It's just a patient." I explained.

"A fucking killer Amina!" He yelled.

"You can't be going through my files, Anthony. They're private." I agreed and gathered up my files.

"Fuck that. I don't want you working with him." He argued.

"That's not your decision." I snapped back.

He chuckled.

"I said you're not working with him." He growled.

"No."

Anthony got closer to me, and I stepped back. He cupped my face but then punched me in the stomach so hard I fell to my knees, holding my stomach.

"You're not working with him anymore." Anthony said to me. "Go shower and come to bed."

Tears streamed down my face, and I got up shaking. I walked into the bathroom and began sobbing. I fell to the floor, burying my face in my knees.

I hate my marriage. I want a way out.

After my shower, Anthony was waiting for me. He stood up and walked over to me. I gulped, and he leaned down and kissed my neck.

"Please, Anthony, not tonight." I whispered.

"Shut up." He growled.

Anthony yanked the towel from around me and pushed me onto the bed.

He didn't bother to kiss me or attend to my needs he just pushed himself inside me roughly.

"Ow please Anthony slow down." I said to him, but he ignored me.

He groaned and kept thrusting inside me. I stared up at the ceiling and just waited for him to finish. Finally, with a loud groan, he pulled out and came on my stomach.