true love's kiss...

"Henry! Henry! Where are you?" Ana's scream echoed through the marble hallways. Henry, hearing this, quickened his pace, footsteps clattering on stone floor. "Henry!"

"I'm coming, Ana! " Henry called back, breathing heavily. "I'm coming for you!" He raced up the stairs, scabbard in hand. Bounding up the final steps, he entered the solitary tower chamber. Glancing around, he saw nothing but a sword- Ana's sword. Narrowing his eyes, he leaned down to pick up the heavy blade.

"Oh Henry, save me, save me," a femine voice cried out from the other side of the room.

"Ana?" Henry asked suspiciously, slowly standing up.

"Oh no, you don't," a suprisingly masculine voice growled into his ear. He felt a sharp pain on his throat and a thin trickle of blood staining his collar. "She's indisposed at the moment." Henry stiffened, finally reconizing the man who was about to kill him.

"King Magnus? But- you're the king! What do you need Ana for?" The king growled- a low, threatening sound from deep within his throat.

"I am not king, stupid boy. Not yet, at least. I am only inhabiting this body until I can dispose of all the... evidence. Then, I will become what I was meant to be- king!" Henry, with a jolt, realized what this man was- insane. Completley and utterly insane.

He was still talking, "-you and Ana shall convieniently disapear, and no one will question anything for fear of ME. This new world shall be a great one when I rule- pity you won't be here to see it." He dragged Henry to another door leading-where else?- up. He roughly shoved him up the stairs, keeping a thin dagger pressed to his back.

"Don't worry- it won't hurt a bit. Oh, who am I kidding? It's going to hurt a lot!" Henry didn't hear him, as he was preoccupied with trying to escape with his life. He kicked slowly turned the handle on the door, finally opening it, to a disconcerting sight. Ana lay on the stone floor, arms and legs tied together. A dirty rag was in her mouth to prevent her from screaming, though it did nothing to stop the venomous glare she was sending at her father.

" Hello, Ana," the king said, smirking," glad you could join us. We were having a lovely chat about the many ways i'm ging to torture you untill you die! Oh, well, better late than never!" He shoved Henry on the floor next to Ana, who was struggling against her bindings.

"I'm ging to get us out of here!" He whispered to Ana, who was quite frankly freaking out.

" Now, then, what weapon would you prefer to end your life?" The king asked conversationally, debating betweeen an axe and a sword. Henry didn't grace the question with an answer. "Don't care? Allright, I choose... a sword! So much more precise and elegant, don't you think? Well, if you survive this, tell me about the experience!" He strode over to Henry, towering over him, a menacing demon that has taken the shape of a human.

"You first, I think. It will be so much more satisfying to let Ana watch her lover die and then die the same horrific way! I love happy endings!" He sighed satisfactidly, then raised the sword and prepared to swing. Henry closed his eyes, praying for a relativly painless ending. He heard the whistle of the blade as it swung down, and then... nothing. No pain, no scream. He caustiously opened his eyes, to see an unknown girl standing above him, panting slightly. She held a bloody axe in her hands-suprising, since it looked like it weighed more than she did. She extended a hand to him, which he took. After he had stood up, he glanced around and spied the king lying still on the floor, dark red blood pooling around him. He fglanced back at the girl, an unspoken question in his eyes. She silently nodded, grim satisfaction in her eyes. He looked Ana, still lying on the ground. He bent down, untying her and removing her gag.

"Yiu're alive? But-how?" She suddenly saw the girl, her eyes widening slightly. "Snow?" The girl nodded cautiously. "You saved Henry?" Again, Snow nodded, though she kept a safe distance. "Why?"

Snow finally opened her mouth to speak, standing defiantly. "Because he lied to me! He told me that he loved me, when he was my... my GRANDFATHER!" Ana stood up, leaning on Henry's shoulder for support. She silently held open her arms ,and Snow rushed in, crying. Ana patted her shoulder, letting Snow stain her dress sleeve.

"I know, he's a creepy guy." Henry nodded in agreement. Snow finally released Ana, wiping her remaining tears on her sleeve.

"I can't believe it. I actually killed him! He's gone! He's gone!" Snow shouted, jumping up and down in excitement. Ana smiled, turning to Henry.

"My knight in shining armour," Ana said laughingly to Henry, then stopped, stunned by the look in his eyes.

"Ana, I love you," he said in all seriousness.

"I love you too, Henry," she murmured back.

"Ana, I know I'm not a prince, or a knight, or a king. But I love you. I don't even have a ring, but here goes... Ana, will you marry me?" He asked, getting down on one knee and holding her hand in his.

"Yes! Yes! So many times, yes!" She said, crying happy tears. He got up, grinning. Snow screamed, jumping up and down.

"I'm totally your bridesmaid!" She said, though neither of them were focusing on her. Henry cupped her face in his hands, smiling and laughing disbelievingly.

"Yeah, yeah, Snow," Ana mumbled halfheartedly, focused on Henry's face. "Turns out I don't need a prince after all..." Henry silenced her by kissing her cherry red lips.

Whatever came after passed by without notice from either one of them, even though it was pretty important. Oh well.