Preparations for battle

Dearest Henry (and all other dwarves involved),

I have gone after her. I know that it is not the smart thing to do, nor is it the particularly best thought out plan. It may not even be the most courageous thing to do; no matter. It is the right, and in my mind the only thing to do. This is why I have left you, with the hope that you may not be to affected too much by my absence. You have been gracious hosts, amazing friends, and in one case, more than I could ever hope for. In the case that I do not come back, please remember me. I will always remember you. I go now to the castle, to defeat those who would seek to cause you harm. I do this for you all.

With much love, 

Ana

"She's gone? She left, just like that?" Henry exclaimed in outrage after reading Ana's note. He crumpled the note in his broad hands, striding to weaponry room, which the dwarves kept well stocked for a case such as this. Pulling open the door, he saw that only one thing was missing- the sword of the king. Only those of royal blood could draw the sword from the scabbard, though those who could wield it would find themselves holding an item of immense power. Some said that those who held the sword were destined for great things- Henry just hoped it would keep Ana alive.

--

Ana raced to the castle, usually stealthy feet stumbling over small rocks and branches. In one hand, she held the unwieldy scabbard- in the other, she carried a small dagger. Her nerves were overpowered by something alive, something she could only describe as excitement. She could feel herself gearing up for the battle, already imaging ways to break the mirror for good. Perhaps after the battle, if she were victorious, she would give up her castle life for the forest life- the dwarves were always in need of a housekeeper. She looked ahead- the castle loomed, a dark shadow in a land of light. She ran on, heedless of the danger that awaited her.

--

"Is it ready, Snow?" HE asked, a malicious grin appearing on his otherwise stoic features. Beneath him, Snow held a lovely apple, plump and tart. One side was a deep red, while another side was a bright green. Her expression was that of one possessed, eyes lacking their usual luster. Her movements were slow and jerky, reminiscent of a manikin. When you looked into her eyes, all you could see was HE. HE was satisfied- nearly nothing remained of the fresh faced young girl who had only hindered him.

"Yes, milord. It is ready." Snow responded, voice monotonous and lack luster. She placed the apple on a small table in front of the mirror, looking up at HIM to confirm her action. He nodded, then raised his head and cackled, sounding a bit too much like an old women for his taste. He stopped cackling and looked at Snow, whose expression was as distasteful as she could make.

"I'll work on it." He said defensively- after all, even evil sorcerers have feelings.

"No matter. Soon, she will wonder into my trap like an innocent fly, and I, the spider, will sink my fangs into her. She will doom the whole kingdom, and all I have to do is be there for them. Their king will have been conveniently forgotten, and I will step into the role I should have had sixteen years ago!" Snow nodded fervently, her whole being focused on HIM. He suddenly noticed her, and, like a mangy dog, shooed her away. He looked out the window and saw Ana approaching, her dim shape slowly growing, and he smiled as wickedly as the devil.

--

"I'm going after her!" Henry shouted, hurriedly gathering a rusty, bent sword and a small circular shield. "She needs my help!" Shocked, the dwarves just stood immobile, still in the nightclothes. He raced out the door and ran into he forest, only to hear the dwarves shouting at him to stop. He slowed, turning around and tripping over a rock. When he came up again, he squinted at the dwarves, vision a little blurry. "What?" He asked them, exasperated. Solemnly, they pointed in the opposite direction that he was running.

"The castle is that way." Henry could feel his face burning as he stood up. He waved awkwardly at them, running past their cottage in an attempt to get to his destination.

"Thank you! Bye!" As he sped past their house, he tripped on yet another rock. He could feel their gazes burning into his back, as he silently got up and started to walk. Yeah, he was going to be a bit late for the battle.

DO YOU LIKE IT? HATE IT? PLEASE COMMENT BELOW! LOVE EVERYONE WHO READ THIS! ONLY A FEW MORE CHAPTERS LEFT! PLEASE VOTE/COMMENT!