Fallin' (TanKana)

Song by Why Don't We

Everything around her froze as she let out a painful scream, everything going black as a knife drove its way into her abdomen.

Her assailant cruelly twisted the blade further into her stomach, feeling her organs twist inside out as the coward ran away. A surge of pain struck her body as she fell to the ground, though strangely, no one made a move toward her. She looked up towards the sun, and even the clouds didn't seem kind enough to let rain fall upon her to wash away the blood.

She looked to her left, finding a woman frozen as she was on her cell phone. No movement. No breath.

She exhaled one last time before her surroundings faded.

---

"Miss!"

Bright lights disoriented her as three women and one man surrounded her, one shining a light through her eye.

"Amazing," the male doctor marveled, "the bleeding seems to have stopped!"

The female doctor slapped his shoulder to get him back in focus.

"It doesn't mean that her organs haven't been ruptured, you idiot!" she looked down worriedly at the patient, who squinted at her.

"Pull her in then." the doctor instructed, turning into a room full of medical supplies. Kanao tensed.

She had never been good with doctor's offices.

Peculiarly, the male doctor had a bright red scar on his head, and it danced around his forehead like it was gradually growing in size. She suddenly moved to put her hand against her cheek, feeling a mark that hadn't been there in the first place. She panicked, looking to her right to see the doctor's stethoscope, and finding a mark in the shape of a butterfly that marred her cheek.

Kanao's horrified expression only increased as the concerned doctor began to inspect her face, tilting her head from side to side.

"W-What happened to me?"

The doctor simply looked back at her, empathy coursing through his red pupils. He seemed... pitiful.

But she didn't want his pity.

"You were stabbed," the doctor flipped through the medical statements, "but it seems that the blood clotted almost instantly."

He gently lifted her scrubs, and she felt sick at the sight of her flesh beginning to repair itself around the wound.

He looked at her face, before putting her scrubs back. She felt her stomach churn, even though a few hours earlier, she was sure it had been crushed to pieces.

"It's late. I'm going to give you some medicine to help you sleep, and I'm sure that the nurses will check on you later," he informed her, giving her a kind smile before adjusting something on her bedside.

"O-Okay." she murmured.

---

Her eyes snapped open, a woman coming through the door, an injecting needle in her palm. She flicked the syringe a couple of times, before grabbing her arm and twisting it so that she could inject something into her arm.

"This won't hurt."

She drowsily looked up at the woman, a sick smile coming to light from the moon shining through the window. Her eyes widened, and she looked straight at her assailant.

"Stop!" she screamed, and the woman suddenly froze, the syringe only centimeters away from her skin.

"Ms. Tsuyuri!" the red-haired doctor from earlier burst into her room, and found the woman who had attacked her to be frozen, her arm hovering in midair. Kanao suddenly felt energized, as if whatever she had done to the poor woman had given her an adrenaline boost.